Feeding Coconut In Non Oil Form

I would mix at around 2 parts oil to one part turmeric, so a teaspoon of coconut oil will yield half a teaspoon of turmeric. I suppose you could increase or lessen the ratio depending on what you want to treat. Possibly closer to 1:1 for severe arthritis, or 3:1 for skin and coat.

Please be aware feeding turmeric in large quantities over an extended period of time can cause stomach upset. Curcumin stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile, this can lead to ulceration.

Moreover, some of the studies where curcumin has been found to be most effective are where it has been administered in injectable form, not oral.

So as always, use in moderation :)

MIne eat it as it, it is firm and easy to spoon and I plonk it ontop. Whilst you may like it all mixed in nicely your dog doesn't care.

Mine is Virgin Cold Pressed Organic Coconut oil and I get it from our local wholesalers

Edited by OSoSwift

I melted my whole jar and added a heap of turmeric to it. Then i feed it solid to the dogs but also use it myself. Great with chicken and prawns and really does seem to be helping my joints!

How much is a heap ^ (bolded words)? Is it a teaspoon or a tablespoon? More info would be appreciated.

Hmmm, I tend to just throw it in. I'd probably say 20% turmeric to oil.

I don't feed it every day, just a few times a week.

I tried whole coconuts and OMG they had runny butt galore!

Poppy isn't keen on coconut oil in her food, but yesterday I was moisturising Louis's skin with some and she wouldn't stop licking it off him! Poor Louis isn't overly fond of his coconut massage sessions, he stands there with a resigned look on his face, so to have the little puppy licking his body all over as well took away the last shred of his dignity :laugh:

Poppy isn't keen on coconut oil in her food, but yesterday I was moisturising Louis's skin with some and she wouldn't stop licking it off him! Poor Louis isn't overly fond of his coconut massage sessions, he stands there with a resigned look on his face, so to have the little puppy licking his body all over as well took away the last shred of his dignity :laugh:

:coffeesplurk: