Lace Has Passed Away

Seren

Haven't been here for so long little Lace.. But I think of you every day, so many times a day still..and yes, I have quiet tears and still hate that car! Still miss you Baby... so much..

I know that you can see that there is a new little guy come to keep Holly company. His name is Master Harry. Cute kid.. He's a Golden Retriever like you...

Holly didn't cope without you Lace, and we struggled for what seemed like a long time.

So we adopted Harry when he was 9 weeks old. He is such a laid-back little dude.. So gentle with everyone and everything... Holly loves him very much but she still loves you the best..

Hugs to Heaven Lace... you are very loved and always missed...

I have grit in my eyes reading this happy news. How wonderful of Lace to send you Master Harry.

But how delightful Master Harry is helping you and Holly heal.

It's a wonderful role a puppy can do with their new family.

I wish you happiness for the times ahead.

And, yes, Lace is very loved and always missed.

:heart:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much everyone, I didn't realise how much I have been bottling up inside me about Lace... It was like I had been trying to put my feelings for how much I miss her on hold. I miss her so much, I miss how she used to go out early in the morning and get all wet on the grass then come in and wake me up and wonder why I would be saying "Don't jump on the bed"..

I miss Lace so much. I love Harry to bits, but I wish she were here.

I am going to start a book about her today. Just write in it as the time goes on as I remember all the things she did.

Feeling lost again this morning about her

Oh Seren, it is so hard, but realising you have been bottling things up is a great step, as putting your feelings into words will somehow make a little bit of difference. That is why DOL is such a help. We understand the emotions, and the depth of your heartbreak. So come here as often as you need to.

Spill everything into your book, the good, the bad and ugly..... it will help, and be a forever keepsake. I have also now finished finding every photo/video that anyone ever took of Tip, and re-processed them in as many ways as I can. He smiles at me from most rooms of the house,and on my computer screen. The memories come flooding back, but I welcome the memories now.

Harry will never be Lace, and you will always wish Lace were beside you as well, but she is there, only now in a different way.... "sleeping in your heart"

Take one step at a time. Time does not heal, but it does allow your head to find ways to cope.

Di

I have just spent some time reading over a lot of posts and realise just how much we love our furbabies past and present.

I want to light a candle for all of us who know the pain of losing our furchildren.. And from what I have read that is ALL of us... we feel the pain and hurt because we love them so much.

Reading through everything I realise just how much support I have been given in here and I want to thank everyone

and tell everyone who feels sad for their little Angels that I am thinking of you all as well. Hugs to everyone today

:rainbowbridge::flower::angel:

Seren ,You put it so beautifully ,hugs to you too! I find it is still heartbreaking when I think of Jesse .Even though I knew it had to be done ...

and an autopsy confirmed it ,I still wonder if I did everything I could....Yes ,we all love them so very much..and I'm sure we are privileged to have the ability to love so deeply.I have had parents,friends,etc,etc pass and I'm devastated but when I lose one of my darling dogs...I always feel guilty saying it ,but it seems to cut deeper.I too am so grateful for the support on DF.Hugs to all those grieving...