Lace Has Passed Away

Seren

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. It means a lot to me that you all understand our pain and shock. It was a nightmare.

I am so very sorry to read this sad news, Seren.

I am sending LOVE to you, your husband,Heidi & Holly at this very sad time.

Friday night I lit a Green Candle of Hope to honour anyone needing prayers.

I shall add your wee family.

Be free,Lace. No more pain.

:rainbowbridge:

Edited by VizslaMomma

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry, Seren, what a roller coaster of a ride you have had these past three weeks. Poor Lace, she endured so much at such a young age. Run free & fast lovely girl, you were too beautiful to stay :cry:

Take time for yourself, Seren, you did the best you could for Lace although it was not the outcome you hoped for :hug:

I miss the wagging golden tail,

I miss the feelings words would fail,

I miss the cheeky little smile,

I miss the "Lets go play a while",

I miss the wistful loving glance,

I miss the circling welcome dance....

Oh Seren, you poor love. I am so, SO sorry to hear of your loss. It is terrible to lose a beloved pet at any age let alone one so young and after all your trying to find a way. I know it is of little consolation when you are so heartbroken, but rainbow bridge sounds like a wonderful place to me. Thinking about it has certainly helped me cope with the loss of my beloved pets. As others have said, be kind to yourself and may each passing day slowly heal your heart of sadness. Take care xx Snippy

Thankyou everyone for your support and prayers.

The days pass really slowly now. We have just got in from taking Holly for a walk and I will go out and play with her before dinner.

Today we brought Lace 'home' from the Crematorium. We have a lock of her hair and a gold paw pront and some verses about losing your beloved pet.

I was dreading getting her today but it was good in the end - I have her lock of hair and the paw pront and certificate and her ashes to bury. I took photos with the flowers that we have been given and I hope that I can start to feel not so sad and upset soon.

It is nice to know that you have all cared about Lace. She will always be my little star in Heaven, or as a good neighbour said to me: a little social butterfly in God's garden..... she was quite a little social butterfly that is for sure.

Holly is still so sad. I think as time passes we might have to get her another mate to play with.

• 3 months later...

Haven't been here for so long little Lace.. But I think of you every day, so many times a day still..and yes, I have quiet tears and still hate that car! Still miss you Baby... so much..

I know that you can see that there is a new little guy come to keep Holly company. His name is Master Harry. Cute kid.. He's a Golden Retriever like you...

Holly didn't cope without you Lace, and we struggled for what seemed like a long time.

So we adopted Harry when he was 9 weeks old. He is such a laid-back little dude.. So gentle with everyone and everything... Holly loves him very much but she still loves you the best..

Hugs to Heaven Lace... you are very loved and always missed...

The tears tend to come frequently after a new family member enters your life. I know it did for me, they were tears of sadness for what should have been, but guilt feelings because (in my case) there would have been no Jingo if Tip was still here (two dogs are enough at one time for us), so guilt and sadness all around....again.

What helped me most of all was the very strong feeling that Tip had chosen, approved of and orchestrated us meeting Jingo. He knew what we needed, and when, and I know he wanted us happy again. and we are....thanks to the stars aligning and Jingo coming to us.

I know that Lace has carefully chosen Harry to help you and Holly and all your family to heal and be happy again. But the tears will still come. Embrace the sadness, because it is a sign that you had unconditional love for a time, and how lucky were you that made saying goodbye so hard? AND more importantly, embrace the happiness that a new puppy has bought to your house, that is what Lacy would want.

I look forward to hearing more about Harry.

Cheers

Di

Edited by tikira

Thanks so much for those beautiful words Di, Yes - even coming in here today was hard. But I'm glad that I did. I had shut myself off from things to try to feel okay about it all. But Harry is a very cute little fella.. he snuggled into my heart without making a ripple. I know that Lace is still there too, he just made room for himself.

If Lace helped to guide him to us, she made a splendid choice. Harry is quite different to her, maybe to look at because they are both Goldens, and he just loves to sit like she did and have his chest rubbed looking so solemn and wriggling forward if you stop.. Lace used to do that too.

But he doesn't destroy things like Lace did.. she was such a busy cyclone always into mischief and sorry when she was roused at. Harry is very placid and doesn't chew things other than his own toys.

I have felt guilty. I would never have had Harry if Lace had lived. But now that I have read what you wrote Di, I feel that I can move on. I am besotted with Harry.. he is just adorable.. he looks up and his little ears fall back and he smiles... It must be a Golden thing to do.

I wasn't looking to buy the day we went to have a look at Harry's litter. But he kept plopping himself onto my foot and then when I sat down he clambered into my lap and went to sleep. Every other litter I had gone to look at I would just cry and walk back to the car because there wasn't one like Lace. I wasn't intending to buy a boy... lol Harry said Yes you're buying me...

Holly was so lonely by herself. We tried to be more to her but she was so dependant on having a doggy mate as well she got very depressed. She loves Harry and they lay together like her and Lace used to.

Yep, I feel so lonely for Lace at times but when Harry trots in with his teddy for a game it makes me smile again.

I still love Lace as much as I ever did. I just have to love her in Heaven now.

Thanks again , thankyou for sharing about Tip and Jingo. I appreciate it very much.

Edited by Seren

Beautiful and touching posts, Seren. Lace will always be in your heart and now Harry will be there too. Very generally speaking, most dogs like having another dog around even if they don't do much together. Just to know that another of their kind is nearby is sometimes enough, but it sounds as though Holly did need a doggy companion and you have struck gold in Harry.

Seren, I could have written every word you have.... it is truely uncanny.

We were not looking to bring Jingo home, but he just kept sitting at my feet, staring into my eyes, he was soooooo insistant, and patient, like he was waiting for it to come into our thick heads that we were meant to be together, the other puppies were falling over themselves to attract my attention, but no matter what was happening, Jingo held the position until we caved!

He is also a Jack Russell, but different enough in looks, and so different in personality, so easy going, and so loving. Sometimes, though we say (with a smile now, instead of floods of tears....) "your channeling your big brother again"

The only thing you can do is love Harry for the personality he is, and honour Lace's memory by smiling (or crying) at the good and bad things she did. If you have not done so already, I urge you to write down EVERYTHING you remember, everything she did, how you felt while she was alive and now. It helped me beyond measure, and I am finding that nearly 2 years down the track I am still remembering things I had forgotten, and writing them down too. Yes, it brngs tears, but sometimes howls of laughter!, and he will not be forgotten if I have written stories of him down. I am doing this for the other two as well now, as they happen (much easier)! It is a rewarding and worthwhile little thing to do, as my worst nightmare is that I will forget Tip, this way I remember the tiny details of the dog that changed our lives.

Part of the reason I have struggled with Tip's death (he was bitten by a brown snake), is that I could not save his life, Losing him was truely the worst grief I have had, human or otherwise, but I let Jingo into my life to kiss the tears away, and that has bonded us so closely it scares me.... in a good way!

I know it will be the same with Harry and you through the years. I totally believe that we get what we need in this life, when we need it...... it might just take hindsight to see that.. Yes, I know it sounds wierd, but Lace did choose Harry for you, your last post proves it!

Happy days with Harry and Holly, and beautiful memories of your girl who watches over you all.

Di

Edited by tikira

Beautiful posts .I did not realise Lace had passed ( about the time Jesse left me) and I'm so very sorry.I would have posted condolences.So pleased you have your new baby,he sounds adorable. I too have another pup ,Ollie ,German Spitz ,he is beautiful ,but I still miss Jesse so much . ...