Surrendered Dog - Some People Should Know Better

Could the skin/itching be food related?

I had never ending food allergies with my maltese, switched to "vets all natural sensitive skin" mixed with raw mince. Solved our allergy itchies (i think mine is allergic to chicken and some grains)

Would love to see pics, sounds like lucky girl has landed on her feet :)

It's much better than it was - it was related to years of not being treated for fleas, not fed properly and being kept outside. I've had quite a lot of dogs like this over the years and after a 2 months they are normally ready to start looking for a new home.

I will take some pictures, she had a short coat on arrival and the owner said she'd never needed to be clipped. She also had bald patches - this is all just related to years of neglect, her coat has become glossy (albeit with some dry skin still going on) and is growing longer, bald patches have hair growing too ...

It really is a joy to see dogs in such an awful condition start to look as they should. The mental traumas from their past will usually take longer.

I will take some pictures in the next few days!

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Update - Chloe has gone on trial in a new home, her new owner was viewing a few potential PAWS dogs and immediately liked Chloe.

I've rehomed her with full disclosure, she does need more practice out on the lead as she finds the world a bit confronting but has improved in the last couple of weeks that I've been working with her, I'm sure with a little more continuation of that practice that she will come good.

If not then I will welcome her back of course.

It was funny to watch her yesterday, sometimes dogs seem to know what's going on, she seemed to know she was adopted and happily got into the new owner's car without turning back! I didn't feel as guilty as I normally do. I hope it's the start of a long and happy life - she has a canine boyfriend in her new home too.

Fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Thats great news I hope it all works out. :thumbsup:

Dogmad it takes special people to do what you do, and I want to send you a hug for taking the time to give dogs like this one a second chance. :grouphug:

As for the vet nurse and the vet surgery she works for I can't print here what I think of them. :mad :mad :mad

Edited by mish13

Update - Chloe has gone on trial in a new home, her new owner was viewing a few potential PAWS dogs and immediately liked Chloe.

I've rehomed her with full disclosure, she does need more practice out on the lead as she finds the world a bit confronting but has improved in the last couple of weeks that I've been working with her, I'm sure with a little more continuation of that practice that she will come good.

If not then I will welcome her back of course.

It was funny to watch her yesterday, sometimes dogs seem to know what's going on, she seemed to know she was adopted and happily got into the new owner's car without turning back! I didn't feel as guilty as I normally do. I hope it's the start of a long and happy life - she has a canine boyfriend in her new home too.

Fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Awww, that is amazing news! Good on you Dogmad for bringing her to this point in her new life!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both very much. Her trial period ends tomorrow and the new owner has written to say that she has passed with flying colours and isn't coming back!

Unfortunately I can't upload the lovely picture of her playing with her doggie friend but she is very happy.

Phew! I am so happy that she has settled in thumbsup1.gif