Ezydog Quickfit Harness - Colour Transfer

Serket

I know there have been a lot of harness threads lately, so sorry to start a new one but....has anyone else found that the Ezydog quickfit harnesses aren't colourfast? We went to the beach yesterday and Gypsy wore her blue one for the first time, we went swimming, went for a walk along the beach for an hour or so, and then when we got home and I took off the harness I noticed she's now got blue stripes where it was across her chest and shoulders :(

Not really pleased about it, I don't want her turning blue every time we go to the beach and the advertising on their site shows plenty of dogs in their harnesses in or near the water!

I suppose I'll put it through the washing machine and hope that any excess dye comes off in there and in future it won't happen again (or I guess I'll have to try to return it), but be warned if you have a light coloured dog and this type of harness!

(photos to come)

Edited by Serket

Serket,

Maybe before washing it, you contact them. Let them know of the issues and see what they suggest.

I would be less than happy if blue stripes turned up on my dog.

I was considering their red harness.

I shall wait now pending more info from you.

:(

Ok, will hold off on washing it and will find their contact details on their website and email them the photos. I've been trying to find a decent harness for the beach and I thought this one was working well! Even if it made everyone think she was a boy, we're used to that.

ETA

I've just looked more closely and the hair is blue all the way down to the skin! I've emailed them with photos, but I'm worried I'm going to have a blue dog for quite a while if it doesn't wash out of her hair

dygute8u.jpg

Edited by Serket

That shouldn't happen, my dog had the black one as a puppy and it was fine. My old labrador wore a red one and swam in it everyday, the colour never leaked. I would definitely be contacting the company for a faulty product.

Sounds like I was unlucky then, glad others haven't been affected. That's even worse with the Corgi though pirate, both for the slit throat effect and that it was a show dog.

Maybe the blue dye isn't as colourfast as the others and/or maybe with darker and short haired dogs it doesn't have the same result.

Post-bath Gypsy is still blue :( not going to give her multiple baths just to try to get rid of it, it hasn't caused a reaction on her skin so she's just going to have to stay part smurf for however long it takes.

She's had half a dozen other harnesses over the years, some ezydog, some other brands, various materials and never any issues. I suspect the neoprene rather than the nylon webbing, but the blue goes around further than the neoprene does. Maybe it just ran further being wet.

I've got four red ones - three medium and a small - and two are the earlier model and two are later and none of them have run and on white westies I'm sure I would have noticed. Suspect you've been unlucky with a bad dye batch. In my experience Ezydog have been very good - I'd be surprised if they didn't just change it over for you. Good luck and do let us know Jo's you get on.smile.gif

Really glad about that,striped dog not acceptable! Lulu was getting dye slowly leaking out of her black collar ,turning her white fur grey,got her a red one and it's fine.Does anybody know of a harness that really is easy to put on? I've bought so many over the years but none really that easy...thanks. :)

So they have, as promised, sent me out a new harness by courier although it only arrived today as we weren't home to receive it last week (black harness this time), plus a bunch of apology goodies (lead, toy, keyrings) which wasn't necessary but is of course very lovely of them :thumbsup:

Will have to wait for the next weekend or so to test it out at the beach, but fingers crossed it was a one time fault and there will be no further dramas :)