Pit Bulls On The Net

Jed

• 1 year later...

So I hear a lot of people complaining about how dare theses people, and don't they know better. Yes BSL is a bunch of crap and the councils, and government need to wake up and get their shit together because ANY breed of dog can become human or dog aggressive.

Don't you think though rather than "reputable" registered bully breeder just having a little stab at "back yard" breeders breeding and then selling certain breeds on gumtree etc via a forum that does not really target or even really be seen, or heard by said backyard breeders. Wouldn't it be better to get off your asses and start educating your greater community at large by going to council meetings and speaking about these things, educating the younger masses by talking at primary and secondary schools, organising awareness days regarding these beloved breeds, raising awareness on media, and I don't just mean on Facebook, but radio, television, for f***s sake go and hand out informational flyers once a week at your local shops.

Nothing changes if nothing changes, if you really care about these breeds don't just localise how hard done by you as a breeder, or owner of one of these amazing breeds on a forum filled with like minded breeders and dog lovers, be proactive in the real world. Although forums can be great, as can social media on the net, 90% most of the time we just end up trying to educate the already educated and winging about how hard done by we are as breeds, or owners of these breeds, and how hard done by these breeds are, but honestly when was the last time any one of you stepped out of this little insestuous community to educate the uneducated.

No offence guys but seriously.

Edited by HELLBOY

• 7 months later...

I'll just add my two cents as I see fit. Ricey good on you for standing your ground you should be allowed to own the breed of dog you desire responsibly. Unfortunately due to breed restriction the scare mongering has gotten out of hand. This may dismay some of the members who truly don't want the apbt in bsl affected areas or even Australia period. But I'll have to burst your bubble. There are a HANDFUL of responsible ethical apbt breeders IN australia still doing the right thing. I know of two personally. These people have five generation pedigrees for all of their foundation dogs spanning back many years even before the import ban, registered with international governing bodies (I.e the Adba which is one of the oldest most respected apbt registries out) , they also WORK their dogs in various sports which I will not detail to keep their privacy which as the apbt is A WORKING breed first and foremost it fits the breed standard. They also breed only every two to three years depending on dam and sires proven work ability or to improve their lines and usually have owners picked out before breeding due to long waiting lists and screening. They do not advertise on sale sites only through word of mouth through existing owners who have purchased prior dogs or people recognised in the community and up to three generations of foundation dogs are kept in their yard happily for new potential owners to view (I. E sire and dam great sire and dam ETC). Many of you would scoff and say yeh right. We havent seen or heard of these people and that's proof that they exist especially seeing as so many of you have no idea what constitutes the apbt and NO it is not a blanket term for bull breed mutts it is and always will be a pure bred dog REGARDLESS if the ANKC doesn't recognize it as one there are MANY conformation and pure breed shows in different countries and there is a specified standard that must be adhered to. The REAL apbt community in Australia still exists and it is a very tight nit group of people who do not do what these puppy peddlers do or the bybers we hear so much about. They DO NOT often sell to the public and the community exists and is prevalent sorry to say and I is because of this fact. What ever these bybers are doing taints the name for everyone but it also ensures that only the truest and best specimens remain for the remaining ethical breeders. The American pit bull terrier has and will always be a pure breed, Breed of dog the misinformation in Australia is ridiculous.

Just because people use the term as a blanket term does not mean it is not a recognized pure breed. ????