Give Me The Scoop On Poop......

Pjrt

I've never thought about putting it in other people's bins, I'd probably just take it home if there was no council bin.

I remeber going on midnight ninja stealth missions on bin night to occasionslly put a bag of rubbish in someone elses bin when ours was full, and I still felt guilty. laugh.gif

I'm also slack in washing out bins, what do you use for your bins?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel so 'dickish' this morning after going for a longer walk and actually seeing someone else use a private bin (which would have been empty) !!

So I must be really dumb....why do people need to wash their bins out? mine stays dry and clean and fresh with everything bagged before binning. I have a neighbour whose bin is rank. I dry reach walking within 10 metres of it :vomit:

I even feel guilty putting the poo bag in the council bin next to a bus stop (specially in summer), but I had the same thinking: better there than on the foot path. I never put it in someone else bin unless ready for collection.

The saying 'don't sweat the small stuff' comes to my mind reading this thread :)

Personally I will put poo in bins that are curbside waiting for collection.

I've also asked people who are in their front yard if I can put the poo bag in their bin, and they've all been happy to oblige.

The saying 'don't sweat the small stuff' comes to my mind reading this thread :)

I've also asked people who are in their front yard if I can put the poo bag in their bin, and they've all been happy to oblige.

Yep, same here.

I couldn't really give a rats if someone uses my bin when it is on the verge full or empty. I would prefer it when its full, but much rather it in my empty bin than on the verge. I might be wrong here but don't the councils actually own the bins anyway?

And to the OP, I don't think you are being 'dickish' at all, your post shows that you actually care and think about others. :)

I'm very protective of my old and smelly wheelie bin! I pay for that actual bin and can't even get council to replace it with a nice new one even though I've had it for 14 years (no idea how long the owners before me owned it). I also pay for the bin pick up service. I catch you putting something in my bin you will be in trouble. If you asked then that's a totally different story. I once found a direct neighbour had put their smelly prawn heads, just wrapped in paper in my bin on a hot summer's day so they didn't stink up their own. Our collection happens during the day so I would've had maggot bin. I took them out and left them in the middle of our street until they were reclaimed (very quiet street and I knew the neighbour who owned them was home). Your household rubbish is not my problem. I have enough of my own to worry about. If you have too much then it is up to you to find an alternative, just as I have to here when it happens to me. Or ask. It's quite simple.

One of mine likes to poo a lot on walks around the neighbourhood (not so much at the parks) so I often have quite a collection to carry. I once had to go and knock on someone's front door to ask if they had a spare shopping bag so I could pick up yet another poo on their front lawn when I'd run out of poo bags unexpectedly. Before we get in the front door it all goes in the wheelie bin out the front. I do hate having manky hand feeling though until I can get inside and disinfect my hands.

Yep, same here.

I couldn't really give a rats if someone uses my bin when it is on the verge full or empty. I would prefer it when its full, but much rather it in my empty bin than on the verge. I might be wrong here but don't the councils actually own the bins anyway?

And to the OP, I don't think you are being 'dickish' at all, your post shows that you actually care and think about others. :)

Yeah they say caring is sharing but you can keep your dog s**t to yourself thanks. How is it caring about others when your dumping it in someone elses bin? The OP said she could maybe understand if they weren't dog owners so how do you know who is and who isn't? When someone starts a thread ending it with "opinions please" that's what you get, whether you like it or not.

So my opinion is...I don't care if your dog craps a pebble or a third of it's body weight, don't dump it in my bin. Take it home.

I double bag it, and carry it home in my dog walking belt/bag thingy (has a separate waterproof compartment for my keys and phone). Occasionally I find a council bin, but I wouldn't put it in someone elses wheelie bin.

I just wish more people in my area would bother to pick up their dogs' poo. Landmines everywhere!

I've done it before as well before collection and I don't have a problem if someone uses ours, it all goes to the same place in the end and I can't say I spend much time inspecting the condition of my bin after collection :p

Our council is pretty bad when it comes to council bins, there are hardly any. Our closest park has a couple of wheely bins but I suspect that's more to do with the sporting clubs that use the grounds.

There's another off leash park not too far away that's very targeting towards dog owners but not a bin in sight, there's not even a fixed outside bin in the primary school next to the park, consequently there's always a few fresh poos lying around waiting for an unsuspecting shoe.

I'm just thankful we do have a regular rubbish collection. My parents have to dispose of their own.

Oh and when I do have had to carry a poo around for awhile I get the biggest evils from Sarah, she's not a fan of the plastic bag

I don't feel so 'dickish' this morning after going for a longer walk and actually seeing someone else use a private bin (which would have been empty) !!

So I must be really dumb....why do people need to wash their bins out? mine stays dry and clean and fresh with everything bagged before binning. I have a neighbour whose bin is rank. I dry reach walking within 10 metres of it :vomit:

Dickish people tend not to recognise their own dickishness.

Seriously, I'm just surprised that anyone would think it's okay. It's literally a case of "my dog's shit doesn't stink" (and therefore everyone should be grateful that I put it in their bins, instead of leaving it on the ground because apparently those are the only two options I have).

Yep, same here.

Yeah they say caring is sharing but you can keep your dog s**t to yourself thanks. How is it caring about others when your dumping it in someone elses bin? The OP said she could maybe understand if they weren't dog owners so how do you know who is and who isn't? When someone starts a thread ending it with "opinions please" that's what you get, whether you like it or not.

So my opinion is...I don't care if your dog craps a pebble or a third of it's body weight, don't dump it in my bin. Take it home.

Exactly, you have given your opinion and I have given mine. The OP is caring because she is asking how others feel about it - ipso facto, she cares. Some people are horrified at the thought or action and others like me don't really care if their bin is used.

I don't think this needs to become a heated discussion.

I don't do it unless it is the morning of collection and the truck is in sight. Otherwise, I plan my walks past a council bin or carry it home to our special 'poo bin' with a sealed lid and plastic bag lining that gets replaced every week.

I also feed my dogs raw and, while at the time they don't smell, after a week, they do. So I wouldn't leave it in someone else's bin and would be mightily annoyed if someone did it to me.

I take mine home and toss it in the green bin. My dogs always poo 10mins into an hours walk. Drives me crazy.

I carry mine home - generally swinging off a carabiner on the belt of my treat pouch - doesn't bother me particularly. I will seek out a council bin if I want to go to a cafe as even double bagged ... it can still smell (I have a sensitive nose and I notice so I expect others will too.

Curious about "green bin" though - is this the green garden waste bin? Or just the colour of your garbage bin? Or an organic waste type collection that includes kitchen scraps etc. I'm in NSW and we only have garbage, paper, bottle/can and clean garden waste collection. Dog poo goes in the garbage.

I used to have a dog waste compost bin but it didn't work (operator stupidity probably)

This topic always provokes some passion... I figure if a goodly proportion of dog people don't want other people's dog droppings in their bin (including me), the non-dog people probably really hate it ... and I don't like to upset anyone ....

Of course my bin usually had mcDonald's rubbish in it when I bring it in .. interesting that no-one seems to finish their mcDonald's meals.......

Our area has hardly any bins to put dog poo into. We used to have a couple in the reserves/parks on my walking route but for some reason these seem to have been removed.

One of our dogs always has to poo right at the start of the walk, so we always turn around and put the poo into our bin before heading off for our 'proper' walk.

Otherwise I usually carry the poo in a bag until I can find a council bin. I don't like putting rubbish into other people's bins, especially if they have just been emptied as I don't like dog poo sitting in my own bin for a whole week until it gets collected again.

I don't know why council doesn't install more bins. There's so much dog poo when I walk around our streets because a lot of people don't want to pick it up and carry it around for several kilometres until the next bin.

Never in a private bin. I will put it in the council bins at the oval otherwise I take it home, I don't care how long I have to carry it for. Problem is remembering it when I get home and not locking it in the car overnight :o

This. Putting poo in other peoples' bins is (in my opinion) really rude. Especially if the bin has just been emptied. In fact, putting it in a freshly emptied bin is beyond rude, it's dickish. Would the OP enjoy smelling some other dog's crap in his/her bin for a whole week?

Yeah I agree. I carry the poo on my walk and put it in my bin when I get home.