Snooza D1000 Bed For Giant Breed

ilctac

I've been considering getting the Snooza D1000 for my dog, as the XL size seems to be the biggest dog bed out there (and being at least somewhat resistant to his chewing would be lovely!). My concern is that when we went to test them out at the local shop, it seemed almost like a big balloon or waterbed - every time he put a paw on, it'd sink underneath him in that spot but puff up elsewhere, not at all easy for him to climb on. I tried undoing the zip a little to see if it was just lots of air inside, but it made no difference. He seemed to like it but basically just laid half on/half off as he couldn't get fully up without help.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so does it get better as the bed gets "worn in"? He likes to sprawl on his back or side to sleep, so I think a cushion-type bed would be better for him than Snooza's "big dog bed" which seems to be much firmer at the edges (and a little smaller than the D1000 so he might hang off the edge), but no point getting him an expensive bed if he can't actually use it properly.

I should add that I haven't really looked at other brands as I love Snooza's free repair service option, so if he does chew through I don't necessarily have to replace the bed. But I'd be open to suggestions if there's another company with that option or with a good bed of a similar size (ie. at least 1300mm long) that's much cheaper than the Snooza products are.

They definitely settle but you dog has to be happy to use it while it is new. They are a great bed. Nice and tough but the dog hair does tend to stick to them but it can be vacuumed off. They also have a memory foam one that I am considering. It is called the big dog bed I think. It has a zip off top with the faux lambs wool which would probably make it easier to wash.

Eta I just checked the price of the big dog bed and it is very expensive so I will probably stay with the D1000.

Edited by corrie

Sadly Norty Brown Dawg Wilbur never took to his D1000 which has sat in our garage unused for around two years now frown.gif He hates the puffiness of the bed. More recently we purchased a Snooza "Jacks" bed for inside: The base cushion is also quite puffy - BUT he quite likes the coziness of the 'Jacks' bed which keeps him going back to it even though he isn't thrilled with the puffiness of the base cushion if i fluff it up; he prefers it when it's flattened out a little.

As Corrie said, the D1000 is a tough bed and your dog would need to like it fro the beginning; but Wilbur hated it right from the beginning and still doesn't like puffy beds too much.

Sadly Norty Brown Dawg Wilbur never took to his D1000 which has sat in our garage unused for around two years now frown.gif He hates the puffiness of the bed. More recently we purchased a Snooza "Jacks" bed for inside: The base cushion is also quite puffy - BUT he quite likes the coziness of the 'Jacks' bed which keeps him going back to it even though he isn't thrilled with the puffiness of the base cushion if i fluff it up; he prefers it when it's flattened out a little.

As Corrie said, the D1000 is a tough bed and your dog would need to like it fro the beginning; but Wilbur hated it right from the beginning and still doesn't like puffy beds too much.

Shame it'd be so impractical to post or I'd buy it off you!

Gus is a Sprawler but he uses the couch now...haha.

We have given in!