Australian Adoption Documentary

I'd be happy to help with voice overs if you need anyone. I always end up doing the recordings on the phones at work that no one else will do etc :laugh:

Also my brother does some commercial voice work. I'm sure he's help for free :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and I will definitely be calling on anyone who wants to do some voiceovers! :D

Can't you use the voices of the people who adopted the dogs you have in the video's? That would be cool! :D

I'd be happy to help with voice overs if you need anyone. I always end up doing the recordings on the phones at work that no one else will do etc :laugh:

Also my brother does some commercial voice work. I'm sure he's help for free :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and I will definitely be calling on anyone who wants to do some voiceovers! :D

Can't you use the voices of the people who adopted the dogs you have in the video's? That would be cool! :D

This. Maybe it's just me but I have a voice for each of my dogs, based on how I imagine they'd sound. For example, the Shitty Whippet sounds like a Russian Bond villian :o

To be honest, I guess I just don't see the point of doing Australian rescue stuff when it sounds American? No part of the video suggested anything Australian to me.

They're my dogs so, we did. ;)

This. Maybe it's just me but I have a voice for each of my dogs, based on how I imagine they'd sound. For example, the Shitty Whippet sounds like a Russian Bond villian :o

To be honest, I guess I just don't see the point of doing Australian rescue stuff when it sounds American? No part of the video suggested anything Australian to me.

It's made in Australia, by an Australian advocacy group. I'm not Australian but I think that's also missing the point entirely. :)

They're my dogs so, we did. ;)

It's made in Australia, by an Australian advocacy group. I'm not Australian but I think that's also missing the point entirely. :)

I think you're missing the point of my comment- there was nothing about it that identified it as being Australian (if anything, I'd have guessed American, obviously). It's a cute video but.. :shrug: It doesn't mention Australia, no aspect of it suggests any differences, it might as well be American.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ask for peoples' thoughts if you don't actually seem to want them. If you just want positive feedback, perhaps make that clear so that people don't waste their time replying?

Also, please check your quoting.

I think you're missing the point of my comment- there was nothing about it that identified it as being Australian (if anything, I'd have guessed American, obviously). It's a cute video but.. :shrug: It doesn't mention Australia, no aspect of it suggests any differences, it might as well be American.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ask for peoples' thoughts if you don't actually seem to want them. If you just want positive feedback, perhaps make that clear so that people don't waste their time replying?

Oh, I didn't miss the point of your comment, I just wanted to point out that the videos aren't really about promoting the country Australia, but promoting adoptions. We're in Australia and we'll eventually be taking our camera around communities and getting people involved in them (and lots of different voiceovers with lots of different accents), and one of the things we wanted to do was link back to local pounds/groups around those specific areas. So the 'documentary series' is very Australian in that sense.

These videos are just the first two, purely designed to bring a bit of fun in. Probably should've been clearer on that - just didn't expect people to get so hung-up on a voiceover. :laugh:

And going off what you'd said previously, your video with your pet would have a Russian voiceover. So we can have the best of all worlds and the production can still be Australian. :thumbsup:

Oh, I didn't miss the point of your comment, I just wanted to point out that the videos aren't really about promoting the country Australia, but promoting adoptions. We're in Australia and we'll eventually be taking our camera around communities and getting people involved in them (and lots of different voiceovers with lots of different accents), and one of the things we wanted to do was link back to local pounds/groups around those specific areas. So the 'documentary series' is very Australian in that sense.

These videos are just the first two, purely designed to bring a bit of fun in. Probably should've been clearer on that - just didn't expect people to get so hung-up on a voiceover. :laugh:

And going off what you'd said previously, your video with your pet would have a Russian voiceover. So we can have the best of all worlds and the production can still be Australian. :thumbsup:

*head-desk* Still missing my point. What difference is there between your video and the American ones? Nada, right? You mentioned a lack of adoption videos made in Australia but if there's no difference between one and the other.. do you understand what I'm saying?

Anyways, good luck with it.

*head-desk* Still missing my point. What difference is there between your video and the American ones? Nada, right? You mentioned a lack of adoption videos made in Australia but if there's no difference between one and the other.. do you understand what I'm saying?

Anyways, good luck with it.

Yeah - thought I'd covered that by explaining further:

we'll eventually be taking our camera around communities and getting people involved in them (and lots of different voiceovers with lots of different accents), and one of the things we wanted to do was link back to local pounds/groups around those specific areas. So the 'documentary series' is very Australian in that sense.

We didn't say we were out to make something uniquely Australian, which is what I think you're struggling with. We only said that there weren't a lot of fun - or funny - adoption videos from Australia; the best ones tend to originate from other countries. So here's a series that originates from Australia, yet can be accessible to people beyond this country, that maybe puts adoption in a very positive light and inspires people to not just adopt but maybe get rolling with their own promotions (because big productions are awesome for that polished look but homemade has its charms too).