What Is A Independent Breeders Assoc?

miss2

I came across this mentioned in an ad for pups today ( not on DOL ) and am not sure what it means?

I have googled and been to the site but I still can’t find any information about what the particular association means....

i am guessing not registered with a canine council?

Can anyone enlighten me please? :)

Edited by miss2

I don't think it means much of anything, TBH. A lot of the 'oodle breeders and so on that come thru work are registered with various clubs/associations etc.

I could be being pessimistic but it seems like another way to legitimise themselves without being a member of the state body.

Thanks everyone. I think your right. This one says it has members and pup come fully papered so maybe it's just a way to be breeding and not real papers lol I don't know if that makes sense but I can't think how else to word it

It was strange though because it's a very common well known breed that is listed with ankc

The only other thing I can think of is if it's just a name they are using for a legitimate working registry(kelpies for eg)? But like I say without context it's hard to know. Feel like PMing me the page?

Apart from that then as others have already said, stay away!

I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions until I knew the breed and the association involved.

The ANKC is not the be all and end all of purebred dog registries in this country. For ANKC recognised breeds, you'd have to wonder about why someone chose to go to another association but there are other breeds and associations that are entirely legitimate. The most notable ones are those for working dogs like the WKC and the ISDS.

So if the OP wants to name the breed, that would help.

its for Jack Russell's.

the only reason why i didn't name the breed was because i didn't want to upset anyone or sound like i was dishing them until i fully understood what it was.

admin, if i'm not allowed to name the breed please delete my comment

I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions until I knew the breed and the association involved.

The ANKC is not the be all and end all of purebred dog registries in this country. For ANKC recognised breeds, you'd have to wonder about why someone chose to go to another association but there are other breeds and associations that are entirely legitimate. The most notable ones are those for working dogs like the WKC and the ISDS.

So if the OP wants to name the breed, that would help.

Agree, my breed isn't recognized by ANKC (we are aiming for that eventually) but our pups come with papers, parents are health tested and we have rules and code of ethics etc to follow.

Does it name the registry?

Ther eare other regisrties some have already been mentioned, there is also one called the Australian Pet Breeders Association or some such thing. Basically you can register any cross or breed with them, they have nothign to do with the ANKC. You do get papers so yep they would be an independant registry. They can be a registry and independent and be dodgy, or they can be legitimate ie working dog registries etc