Tell Me One Thing You Just Love About Your Dog!

raineth

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many things! But if I have to pick one, his bond with me. I was terrified that for some reason I would end up with a pup that wouldn't bond with me, especially after having such an amazing bond with my lab.

Fortunately we definitely have a good one biggrin.gif

post-44325-0-72311100-1408616642_thumb.jpg

Bear is utterly devoted to my daughter and has been since before I knew I was pregnant. Getting a toller was a dream I waited a long time for and she is the most amazing girl, but since I got pregnant she has been devoted, protective and caring on a level that is astounding. She will do anything my daughter does (last week was a moment of intense frustration because she couldn't get up the rock climbing wall at the park!) no matter how much it scares her. She will brave any tantrum to comfort my daughter, any fear to protect and support her and is the first one by her side when she wakes.

I had plans to do agility and obedience and title her so there would be a lasting memory of her amazingness, but life and illness stopped that. Instead she will always have the title of Kayla's best and most devoted friend, which, although it won't be recorded in the history books of canine achievements, has turned out to be a far greater achievement that will be recorded in the history of our family for as long as it lasts

With Emmylou, it has always been her attitude to everything - her willingness and optimism. She's always been up for anything and excited by doing anything or going anywhere. At 13 that has barely changed, except when her arthritis is bothering her and then it's clear to see that the spirit is still willing, but the flesh can't match it.

With Cricket, it's the fact that she's such a ridiculous little creature! :laugh: She's our first SWF and, after having working dogs, it's almost impossible to take her seriously. She's a very busy little ball of fluff and she makes us laugh daily.

The thing I love most about Quinn is how she looks after others, human and dog. She's always checking me over and licking me until she's satisfied that I'm fine (even when nothing's wrong, she just likes to be sure) and if she hears any sign of conflict involving a dog she knows, especially one of my other two, at the park she'll run over and put herself in between and divert the other dog to calm things down.

I love how well Saxon can read me. He picks up on things I don't even realise I do and knows what I'm going to do next. The only time it's really annoying is when I'm trying to get him into a room and shut him in there, he knows whether I'm going in with him or I'm tricking him to leave him there even if I think I'm doing exactly the same things!

Riley is just "speshul", and I love how even though he's quite wary about a lot of things he trusts me completely, but the thing that always makes me laugh is how he spins and spins in circles when he's excited, I can see it build up then it's like the excitement just has to come out somehow :laugh:

Do you still have your Beagle?

Yes of course! Daisy is the best beagle in the world :) I love her with all of my heart as well, but it's a different bond than I have with Wiz. She's my heart dog.

Oh ok. The question was asked about one thing you love about your dog and Daisy didn't rate a mention, sorry I find that sad. She was there way before your current dog yet there was nothing you could say about her :(

Yes of course! Daisy is the best beagle in the world :) I love her with all of my heart as well, but it's a different bond than I have with Wiz. She's my heart dog.

Oh ok. The question was asked about one thing you love about your dog and Daisy didn't rate a mention, sorry I find that sad. She was there way before your current dog yet there was nothing you could say about her :(

It wasn't on purpose, I was in a rush and posted quickly the first thing I thought of and a picture I had on hand. I have a million things to say about daisy. It's just a fun thread. To be honest I am a bit insulted you could question how much I love or care for my dog based on something as silly as this.

Daisy is cuddling in next to me right now, I better wake her up tell her how unloved and neglected she is because I didn't mention her in an off handed post in a silly thread.

The things I love about my dog are also the things that drive me nuts about her...

How smart she is. How fast she can train me to do what she wants. How independent she is. How demanding (that I stay home and help her sunbake) she is. How protective she is. How slow she is to make new friends... unless they're carrying food. In which case she demands they hand it over. How fast she learns - even the unintended stuff. How good she is at finding stuff (food mostly). How she fetches a shoe or a hat to get my attention and if that doesn't work... barks her head off and if that doesn't work - consoles herself by eating the hat... Her singing... her chattiness, her inability to shut the Fup. Ok she can... but only when she gets what she wants... extinction bursts are (not) us...

It wasn't on purpose, I was in a rush and posted quickly the first thing I thought of and a picture I had on hand. I have a million things to say about daisy. It's just a fun thread. To be honest I am a bit insulted you could question how much I love or care for my dog based on something as silly as this.

Daisy is cuddling in next to me right now, I better wake her up tell her how unloved and neglected she is because I didn't mention her in an off handed post in a silly thread.

I didn't say that she was unloved :confused: I have two dogs, no matter how rushed I am I still have two dogs :shrug:

I didn't say that she was unloved :confused: I have two dogs, no matter how rushed I am I still have two dogs :shrug:

Then what are you implying :confused: that I somehow care for her less because I didn't mention her in a random post :confused: I honestly don't understand the problem? It's an Internet forum, not real life. (Though I don't do everything with both of my dogs in real life either).

Mentioning something I love about one of my dogs doesn't mean I have nothing to say about the other. It's just a post for fun. No need to read anything into it.

If you think it's a silly thread, why did you post in it then?

Sadie- my grumpy old bitch :D but she has the most beautiful expression and eyes. They make me melt.

Reggie- hmmmm. He's my heart dog. Bestest dog ever. I suppose if I have to pick- that he is such a chilled out goofball. He runs on 'island time' and not much phases him, he goes with the flow. Sure he'll try his heart out if you ask for it, but mostly he puts in enough to do a good job and not an ounce more!

Smudge- my baby dog. My quirky pocket rocket. She puts 110% effort into EVERYTHING she does. Her palpable joy and enthusiasm when 'doing' makes my heart burst.

If you think it's a silly thread, why did you post in it then?

I think she meant silly as in fun not a thread that needs to have drama added just because a poster mentions one of their dogs not both, its hardly 'sad' and certainly no indication of how much a dog is loved. I adore both mine but tend to mention Bundy more due to the bond we have.