Tell Me One Thing You Just Love About Your Dog!

raineth

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think it's a silly thread, why did you post in it then?

For fun :confused:

Bad Huski! No fun for you!

One thing I love about my dog... I always worried that he wouldn't be able to play well with my son because he is so full of energy. I thought for sure he would just knock him over all the time but it turns out that he is actually really gentle with him. And now that Hayden has learned how to throw a ball they are definitely going to be buddies :D

Chalk and cheese to each other - One like Eeyore and the other like a Tassie Devil on crack. But both have personality traits just like their owner... My dogs heart.gif417866_10151648012454628_1523027990_n.jpg?oh=9a07a38db66f4c6075808d2b6fa35b64&oe=545AE4B7&__gda__=1415285432_817760e67ca90e589d7d9d547fdd9760

I wonder which is which? :laugh: :laugh:

A picture tells a thousand words ;-)

He is agile, strong, sensitive, loyal and likes his alone time. Doesn't like to be touched too much but likes to be close to those he loves.

She is fast, hyper and slightly neurotic. Likes to always be on the move and ready to take a bite out of anyone that rubs her up the wrong way, but has such a gentle side for her people.

Both imperfect, but perfect for me.

Ok, if I have to just pick one thing I love about my dog, it's his sense of humour. I swear, Boxers have a sense of humour. We have to be careful about what we laugh at, because Bruno will do it again, bigger and better, with a silly grin on his squishy face! laugh.gif

Loving everyone's photos. I particularly like yours Red Fox, on their dinosaur blankie. smile.gif

For my GSP I just love the way he collects his long gangly legs together when he's sleeping. It's a work of art!

For my Mini Bull Terrier it's how she loves to bury her head under blankets or pillows. Like an ostrich in the sand :laugh:

While sitting here smiliing at the different things people are writing about, I coughed.... and nothing, no dog askimg if I was okay! I suddenly remembered my boy Tip, who used to get very concerned when I coughed, and would brave loads of vicks and tissues to get to me to give comfort!.

Jingo- he will climb up, over, through the smallest gaps to get to my lap to stick his wet nose into my eye!

Kira- She is just the most laid back gentle girl, so soothing to know she is only two feet from me whenever she can be!

Di

What a lovely thread, have really enjoyed reading these posts!

The one about Bear the toller just melted my heart :love:

Huski, Wiz sounds like an awesome dog! I love dogs with a great off switch, that will still work and work as much as needed :)

Red Fox, gorgeous dogs. And I love the description of Tassie devil on crack, I'm going to have to steal that one for Biscuit :rofl: He does look like a tassie devil crossed with a fruit bat too :laugh:

It's hard for me to pick just one thing. Biscuit is such a special dog, I love everything about him. Perhaps the thing I love most, is his devotion to me. He is still friendly with other people, and will work for them...but at the end of the day I know he will always come and work for me if I ask him. He follows me everywhere. At the moment he is outside the office room window, sitting on the generator, awaiting my next move :laugh:

I love how cheeky Cherry is. If you've seen the movie Red Dog, that's exactly Cherry's personality! She's everyone's dog...she knows how to make people feel so loved and appreciated by her. She gets what she wants, then onto the next person :laugh: I always love her enthusiasm to learn new things!

I love how keen to work Rusty is. While Biscuit will only work for a few minutes at a time, Rusty will go and go and go. He's a lot of fun to train that's for sure :)

I'm loving this thread. Really enjoying it :)

Redfox, That pic of your 2 is a classic. What funny buggers they must be. You need to frame that IMHO :thumbsup:

My guys are exact opposites though I equally just adore them both so very much. It is so hard to pick just one reason why. Well....

Sonny because he is such a beautiful temperament. Natures gentlemen my boy :heart:

Stella is very speshul as most would know & I love her zest for life. Stella does struggle with life most days but she gives each day 150% of happiness & enthusiasm. Yes, it's her character I adore :heart:

Stel is such a happy girl, every time she sees you. You have only got to re enter a room & you get the same greeting. she is nearly bursting with excitment. Her tails is always wagging & she nearly turns herself inside out with the momentum of it, talking her head off all the while with her beloved 'Pete' her fluffy toy pelican stuffed in her mouth. She is an absolute classic my girl :heart:

Edited by BC Crazy

In order we got them:

Brandi: she is just so anxious to please and so full of love for me that she can't stay still when she thinks I want something. She quivers and when she gets some attention, she explodes with love and joy. Of course, the greyhound brain fart generally means that she interprets everything I want as 'do mad zoomies around the garden and dig that trench' but she tries nonetheless.

Paige: that I am completely her human and she adores me, BUT that she's still an independent miss and will do things only if they don't interfere with her own schedule.

Hermon: how happy he makes my husband. DH had never had a dog of his own before and the girls were always 'my' dogs. Hermon is definitely DH's and is the first to greet him when he gets home. My boys together make me smile.

Benny: the way he burrows his head into you or under you when he wants attention and then wiggles his butt around in the air as he burrows until he overbalances on top of you and lies there demanding smooches. Going to the pound that day was one of the best things we ever did.

In order we got them:

Benny: the way he burrows his head into you or under you when he wants attention and then wiggles his butt around in the air as he burrows until he overbalances on top of you and lies there demanding smooches. Going to the pound that day was one of the best things we ever did.

Still brings tears to my eyes.

:heart:

:love:

:thumbsup:

In order we got them:

Still brings tears to my eyes.

:heart:

:love:

:thumbsup:

He is the type of dog everyone should have as an introduction to greyhounds. Apart from his small (OK large) preydrive towards cats (and bush turkeys. Interesting times) he seriously is one in a million. I must get some more photos this weekend of him and get them posted.

I didn't post about my quirky girl Tempeh and I really have to mention two things I love about her. The first is how she puts herself to bed in my room straight after dinner every night but gets up every hour and sticks her head around the corner to make sure we are still all in the lounge room and see what we are doing. She does this until I go to bed which is often six hours after she does.

The other thing is something she does to my sister. If my sister is sitting on the floor at night doing anything when Tempeh does her hourly check in she comes down and stands so close that my sister can't get anything done but scratch Tempeh. There will be a tail or a snout stuck in her face and Temp will not budge an inch until she has been scratched in all the spots she wants for as long as she wants before she trots back to bed. She doesn't say anything but gets into a solid martial arts stance and you can't push her away. It cracks me up every time.

Gael: I love everything about my best girl, but especially I love Gael cuddles, wiggly cuddles, she can't sit still and there are paws and nose going everywhere, she just can't get close enough.

Scout: love how much Scout completely and besottedly adores my husband. Before we got her he was worried that as the other dogs (3 at the time) were my dogs she would be too.

Kep: Kep is only 10 weeks old but I love how he likes to explore and find stuff, which he picks up in his mouth and his first thought is to bring it to me and show me, so I can tell him what a clever boy he is to find such an interesting thing :heart:

With Dee I adore her split personality and her resilience. One minute she is Eyore and the next minute she is Tigger. She used to be very unsure and lacked confidence, especially after the fires. Now she is very confident and full of life. We never thought she would ever get out of CCD, she lacked that much confidence, but she is now in Open, fetching a dumbbell, going over jumps and just got her Rally Novice Title in one day. She is still reactive to other dogs and always will be, but this we can manage.

20140717_222638_zpsca75451c.jpg

IMGP4615_zps52f3a734.jpg

IMGP4434_zps00689bdc.jpg

IMGP1580_zpsefa9589e.jpg

RCSAJ2014-5186-ZF-6540-91295-1-004_zpsf8b7091b.jpg

RCSAJ2014-5158-ZF-6540-91295-1-002_zpsb152e1bd.jpg

Edited by grumpette

With Zeph I love his smile and his love of all things great and small, despite the fact that it does get him into trouble and can make competing in Obedience and Rally hard work. He loves kids and old people, which is why he is so good at Pets as Therapy. He loves all dogs big and small and is not breedist. He has just as much fun getting mugged by a group of pugs at the local market as he does playing chasey with bigger dogs. He has a soft spot for Golden Retrievers and Poodles. He is also the most divine Mummy's Boy you have ever seen.

IMGP4385_zpse85edc00.jpg

55fe7946-2e99-4f34-bc11-ce779199e8da_zpsbf64b542.jpg

IMGP3013_zps9f193ac2.jpg

IMGP2898_zps5503d7a8.jpg

IMGP2176_zpsb4f6c05a.jpg

IMGP2567_zpsc3ad8d07.jpg

IMGP9602.jpg