Muzzles! What Do You Use Or Recommend?

carolineh1

Looking for recommendations of brands of cage-style muzzles. The last few council hold dogs have eaten plastic ones left hanging on their kennel doors (grr..). Would like a few different styles so can adapt to different nose shapes. Needs to be sturdy for dog/handler safety (we walk council dangerous dogs on these) but reasonably priced as we are only a charity shelter Any suggestions?

I like the clear Jafco muzzles because I can modify them safely so that we can still use food treats easily, and they don't hurt if you get smacked by one. They allow the dog to pant and drink. They would be tough to chew...but not impossible. I bought spare rivets from a saddler for any repairs, but I reckon you'd lose the strap if a chewer got hold of them, and the strap would be difficult to replace.

They aren't cheap, so there'd have to be a rule about keeping them where they belong. k9pro.com.au stock them

Nez recommended me to these muzzles a few months ago:

http://www.fordogtrainers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=1457

My dog much prefers this muzzle compared to the plastic Jafco ( good but he needed more airflow). It's surprisingly lightweight too and I feel confident of it's safety. It's a prefect fit since you send in the measurement's for the dog and they have many sizes with adjustable straps ( I think they had about 20 or more different styles and sizes for this product).

Edited by Ren