Male Great Dane Pup Squatting To Pee *bewildered*

Merle_Miss

Stan is 6 and still squats, I go through quite a lot of baby wipes.

Your boy is gorgeous.

:rofl:

My boy once cocked his leg, peed and pooped all at the same time. Pee got everywhere but it was a sight to behold :rofl:

My 10yo Cavalier boy squats to pee at home and pees on his front white leg but when we're out walking he puts his big boy pants on and hikes his leg so high against trees that he almost falls over. He stands so close to the tree that I'm surprised he doesn't get splinters in his doodle.

These 3 posts just cracked me up.

Merle Miss your boy is just gorgeous. My Boxer didn't cock his leg until he was about 12 months old. Even now, at 3 1/2 he often squats in the backyard, only cocking his leg in public places. He makes a point of cocking his leg in front of the 2 houses where he has been rushed by the resident dog on the loose, in the past. Looks them in the eye (they are safely behind a fence thankfully) and pees on their turf. Silly bugger. :o

That is a great photo, Merle_Miss. :thumbsup:

Luckily the boy dog of mine who doesn't lift his leg is a toy breed with short stocky legs. I must try to get a photo, because he doesn't squat: he just rocks forward a bit, his tail goes right up and over his back and he wees. He is a very tidy wee-er LOL. How do I know? Because he doesn't like to go downstairs in all the rain we have been having for a few weeks and he leaves nice tidy little puddles on the deck, not splashes all over the place like my other dog does as he is learning new and bad habits.

I have a girl dog (Maltese Shih Tzu) who stands up on her front legs to wee.

So, the positions are many and varied :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I've also had female dogs who've lifted their legs. One used to inch her way up trees backwards trying to wee on top of other wees that were done by dogs taller than she was.

haha your stories are hilarious!!

Wet wipes! I've been chasing after him to give his feet (chest and chin) a bath every day, I can hide a wet wipe in my hand and he'll be none the wiser.

;) wanna make it even easier ? When he pees - use a cue word ... then as he finishes - lots of praise & pats ...hold his collar and wipe his feet ..then a treat or short game - so in a few days it all becomes a FUN thing :) My Don is 9 mths ..and will mostly now go - or think about it - on hearing the cue word - then we have a minute or so playing with his favourite toy :)

Gruf only started cocking his leg a few months after I got him from the pound, when he was about 12 months old. He still squats most of the time, and often shoots himself in the foot. When he does that he re positions the foot he wet and looks really frustrated & disgusted with himself.

My 10yo Cavalier boy squats to pee at home and pees on his front white leg but when we're out walking he puts his big boy pants on and hikes his leg so high against trees that he almost falls over. He stands so close to the tree that I'm surprised he doesn't get splinters in his doodle.

LOL, The old boy used to do that.

But he would actually fall over into the puddle.

He would look so embarrassed the few times it happened too.

I have three entire males so leg cocking is the most common position. However they all squat at various times ususally if they are busting rather than territory marking.

Wilson will hit his leg, then get an eww look on his face, he also periodically thinks oooohhh what you looking at just as the other has finished sniffing and cocks his leg. We then have yellow pee drag stripes down his neck adn side.

One day all three boys pee'd on the same tree at the same time, luckily no-one got hit :) They were all well spaced around the tree and all cocking the same leg. IT was all rather uniform really.

Love all the stories - my boy a Borzoi is almost 10 months old and has done all the peeing on his white front legs bit. Yesterday for this first time he lifted his leg on a bush then proceeded to pee all down the non lifted leg :(

Aww bless him, his aim will get better as he has more practice :)