Beahavorist/ Assessment

Hi guys

Last week I had a tragic situation at home resulting in a fight between 2 bitches that have lived together for 18 months fighting and the bigger one injuring my little jack to the point that after vet intervention had to be sent to the rainbow bridge.

Now I'm stuck in a hard place deciding what to do with her, she is a stumpy and she grabbed the jack and shook her causing her artery in her leg to internally break.

Before I even decided what to do from here I am thinking to go to a dog behaviourist and get her assessed and see if she now sees little dogs as a hunt or if she dog aggressive ect as she never showed this level of aggression. Before hand she is only 2 and is a top dog otherwise.

I am heart broken as you can imagine as my little jrt was 9 and my baby and I just can't believe this has happenend

So any recommendations please? Recommended behaviourists?

No negatives as I dont need that ATM I am a expirienced dog owner and this was not a result from lack of care or input into the dogs.

Tia

Firstly, so sorry to hear about your little dog :(

Bitches together often have issues. The problem you experienced would have been made worse by the fact that both JRs and cattle dogs are both quite aggressive when roused - neither will back off.

For your own piece of mind it may be wise to have the stumpy assessed, but she may just have a typical cattle dog type personality that doesn't take crap from anydog.

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Strongly recommend Steve at K9Pro!!

I see Steve regularly with dog sports training, but last week desperately needed his behavioural expertise. Just moved house and we've had problems with posturing and fighting between two of our dogs, who have been affected by the upheaval and changes. With Steve's help, and a clear plan for addressing the issues, things are already back on track. :)

Wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you've had a terrible time, and I hope it all works out for the best.