Vets All Natural

caron

I used it for my cats, stinky poops gone, IBS gone, they looked great and loved it, then I couldn't get the roo so had to change them off it.

My dogs have had mixed reactions to it, some did great, some did okay, one ended up with a very gassy upset tummy.

Edited by OSoSwift

I have had my dogs on it for a few years now. I mix mine with human grade roo mince, I also add in the VAN skin support.

My dogs look great, my SBT has great muscle tone, great skin and coat and is finally slim!

My other dog has lymphoma and is on high doses of prednisone (and has been for four months) and her coat is still lovely and shiny and her bowel movements are firm and regular.

Like most dog foods, some dogs do well on it, some don't.

I considered it but didn't want to add that amount of grains. I think it is even more expensive than doing Prey Model Raw.

Ronin is 10 month, 1 week and I feed him fully prey model raw and add Augustines Approved Super Boost and probiotics. I am pretty sure I don't need the supplements but I have done it since he was 12 weeks old when he was on mixed raw and kibble so I have just stayed with it. Vet always tells me how great his condition - coat, eyes and teeth are so I just stick with it.

I enjoy buying the various meats (poultry, beef, lamb, meaty bones, fish etc) so putting his meals together gives me a lot of satisfaction and seeing him eat and crunch the bones is great. So it might be slightly more complex and time consuming to feed PMRD but if you enjoy this process, I feel it is a great diet.

My basic feeling is that I believe that the VANs is convenient for those that don't want to go fully raw - whether this be because of not being able to feed bones or various rotated proteins or other issues or believing that PMRD is too complex. I think if your dog tolerates the VANs it is probably a lot better than kibble (depending on the dog and health conditions)

Like everything - not all foods and diets are right for every dog. I am fortunate that Ronin has a strong constitution so I haven't needed to have the same considerations that many do.

Does seem full of oats and fillers to me.

That is a worry for me.

Would appear to contradict the premise of feeding raw then.

I will continue to examine the whole scenario.

Horrible Herbert is 10 months now. I want to ensure his diet is totally OK.

:(

I also found that the amount of meat I was adding to the mix was the same as I give them now on raw alone, so definitely more expensive.

Having said that, there are some real success stories out there, but didn't work for us, and I wasn't overly keen on it.

Mine love it too, and I have never had so many comments on how good my BT looks now.

I feed roo for 2 of them and chicken mince for one who cant have red meat.

I tend to put more water in than it says or it ends up a sticky stodge.

I find it very expensive tho, if I could find something easy to make up myself I would give it a go.

In the interim, I got reminded on another site about Taste of The Wild kibble.

Like the adorable Ronin, Herbert is 10 months. He is flourishing on RAW & Royal Canin.

But I want to 'amend' his diet somewhat.

He needs to 'trim' down ( I think).

His Daddy is constantly baying the puppy will reach 40 kilos. That's based on a great lard of puppy jumping on him to be a lap dog.

That is a total freak-out for me.

All the Vet says is he is a bonny, big boy.

In the interim, I got reminded on another site about Taste of The Wild kibble.

Like the adorable Ronin, Herbert is 10 months. He is flourishing on RAW & Royal Canin.

But I want to 'amend' his diet somewhat.

He needs to 'trim' down ( I think).

His Daddy is constantly baying the puppy will reach 40 kilos. That's based on a great lard of puppy jumping on him to be a lap dog.

That is a total freak-out for me.

All the Vet says is he is a bonny, big boy.

I demand to see some photos of Herbert :laugh:

Regarding Taste of the Wild, that is what I moved Ronin onto shortly after the RC the breeder recommended. His itching and puppy dandruff stopped immediately. I think it is a great quality kibble. I kick myself that I changed to Sunday Pets due to the shape as, as far as kibble goes he did best on TOTW. The fish one is my preferred choice.

It is funny you mention the weight as I was thinking that Ronin was headed for a massive size although his condition was never anything but lean, but the weekly weight increase has reduced substantially now and I think it is basically that 10 month period when the big growth spurts level out. Perhaps it is the same with Herbert?

Guest crazydoglady99

My 2 large dogs are doing fantastic on it. For me personally, I want to avoid feeding anything with preservatives, so it works well.

My 2 large dogs are doing fantastic on it. For me personally, I want to avoid feeding anything with preservatives, so it works well.

This is why I feed this too. My dogs don't have any issues with grains and can and do eat all kinds of meat but they don't tolerate anything with preservatives in it. The only 'dry' food they can eat without any reaction is ZiwiPeak and it's way too expensive to give them every day.

Surprised that there aren't more on here supporting the use of VAN

Have been feeding this for the last two years and raised the last three litters totally on the VAN system... Did a cost comparison and it worked out the same as using commercial foods but had better coats and poos are much easier to collect.... also less farting... I recommend this to clients in dog class and to puppy buyers.

This photo shows the condition of my boy and this is without any washing or brushing. Couldn't ask for better.

post-23842-0-89376100-1410259224_thumb.jpg

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh alpha! He looks fantastic!!!!

I have a black dog and he is SUPER shiny since switching to VAT, vs using dry kibble mixed with meat etc. And my tan girl has balanced her weight out nicely (she has a tendency to balloon out if fed any of those high protein dry kibbles). I feel like I barely ever need to go shopping for doggie food, the 5kg bag of VAT seems to be bottomless! I certainly wish I had discovered it years ago!

I guess its like anything - we are all different, what works for me might not work so well for someone else :)

Love it for Zig as well.

I changed to VAN a while back and he is a ball if energy, shiny coat and less poo...

I do feed raw bone (chook, turkey, lamb) with Earthborn Holistic kibble of a morning and he gets the VAN of a night.

We did try the Royal Canin kibble but he won't eat it anymore, so went back to EH..it seems to be the one he likes and does best on, so I am sticking with it now..

I also love the convenience of it.