Rescued Senior Dog - Rip

Hi Everyone,

9 years ago, I rescued my last dog who was a senior (9 years old) Jack Russell from Hawkesbury, I ended up keeping him as he was just to strange to rehome.

Since that time, he protected my back door twice from brown snakes without ever being touched, he kept vigil for mice and vermin and just generally filled out lives with his funny antics during that time.

Today - 9 years after rescuing him as an older dog... he has taken his final breath from old age and I am happy that we gave him such a lovely long life after the things he had been through in his first 9 years...

RIP Little Jack

post-14423-0-77964500-1410333462_thumb.jpg

Vale, Little Jack,

How good your life was.

How typical of a Jack Russell to protect and give enjoyment to your family.

Look for the mice at the Rqainbow Bridge now. Be Free.

What happiness you gave the wee man, KitKat.

:love:

:rainbowbridge:

Edited by VizslaMomma

He sounds like a ripper little dog, KittyKat. And so lucky to have found you to look after . There is something crazily special about Jack Russells. I'm sure that, when they pass, they all gather together and try to out do each other with their mad stories.

RIP Little Jack :rainbowbridge:

Thank you so much everyone for acknowledging little Jack... we will miss him terribly. Rescuing senior dogs is rewarding and little Jack, although he wasn't re-homed, shows that there are often many years and precious memories in these little darlings left to enjoy.

Perhaps one day, I will go back to rescuing and come across another one that I can't part with!

It was with the help of JRT Rescue, Senior Dog Rescue and ARF that little Jack was given that extra time.