New Toy - Bad Cuz

Yonjuro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I have just about every ball on a rope toy there is as it is the main reward I use for wiz in training. I also road test any new equipment with her to see how it will stand up. I have a few I really like, but the Ultra tug is definitely one of the best especially because of the handle as it's so durable plus it doesn't give you rope burn like the thinner rope ones can :laugh:

My only issue with the ultra tug is the handle isn't long enough! I have a Landshark! I'm thinking of investing in Kevlar gloves for myself and anyone else who has the (mis)fortune of running her! :p

Hahaha, I phoned every pet store in town, none had the Chuck it Kick ball... So then I ordered it online on the weekend... Along with a Crackle head ball by the JW Pet company. Most of my online shopping is now for the dog :(

My only issue with the ultra tug is the handle isn't long enough! I have a Landshark! I'm thinking of investing in Kevlar gloves for myself and anyone else who has the (mis)fortune of running her! :p

We sell gloves for this exact reason, though our dogs have been trained to have excellent aim, when you are teaching them the game sometimes you need a bit of hand protection :laugh:

Hahaha, I phoned every pet store in town, none had the Chuck it Kick ball... So then I ordered it online on the weekend... Along with a Crackle head ball by the JW Pet company. Most of my online shopping is now for the dog :(

Ummm yes that is exactly the same here, any package I get is always something for the dogs! But I get really excited to receive their mail! LOL!

i love th echuck it balls as well... Hunter can demolish a tennis ball during a game of fetch in about 15 minutes. The chuck ball has lasted at least 6 months... and only just started to form cracks because I didn't take it off him while we were outside the park chatting the other day and he happily chewed on it for about half an hour :o It's still in enough of one piece to throw in the thrower thingy. The bounce is really good.... It finally got my girl interested in chasing something because it looks like it is scampering away across the ground when it lands, the bloodthirsty little wench :laugh:

I gave my Mal the medium sized Bad Cuz today. She played with it for awhile. She hasn't ripped it apart yet, though she tries to nibble the feet. She hasn't gone totally nuts as it doesn't squeak as much and plus it has no stuffing to rip out.

That Tuff toy on the other hand......I got the crocodile one for $35. 10 mins later, she ripped it open. Oh well.

There's warranties on tuffies I think..

We love cuz here.

we have 3 cuz balls here with 3 Amstaffs playing with them every day......even though the squeaker has gone in them they still love to play with them by throwing them and chewing on them....I have had the cuz toys for about 4 years and still going :thumbsup:

I just played the original poster's Youtube vid and my Border Terrier leapt out of my lap and ran to look at the toy box!

I tried the bad cuz with him once. He destroyed the squeak in less than 2 minutes. It is his mission in life to destroy squeaks - cheapies last less than 20 seconds and I have only found a very few that last more than one session (we take "survivors" away from him to fight another day). Fortunately, he still loves them when they are dead (I call them "the thing that used to squeak").

He has also destroyed the 2 Chuckit toys I have bought for him (both floating fetch toys). We are about to claim the lifetime guarantee on a Bumi and have had a Bionic tug replaced under warranty (the new one quickly failed too). Given he is only 9kg, I don't know how owners of larger dogs cope.

And yes, he only gets toys during supervised play!

I have a squeak killer too who is 6kg - and we also store the survivors in a safe place (the freezer :laugh: ) your BT sounds like a machine!!

Try the Dexter elephant version - squeaker is protected by the elephant feet. In my local shop it was also cheaper than the isqueaks and cuz balls.

I have a squeak killer too who is 6kg - and we also store the survivors in a safe place (the freezer :laugh: ) your BT sounds like a machine!!

Try the Dexter elephant version - squeaker is protected by the elephant feet. In my local shop it was also cheaper than the isqueaks and cuz balls.

Thanks for the recommendation Pie. I have noticed that if the squeaker is protected (like it is with the Elephant's feet), it is harder for him to locate and destroy. I will give the Dexter Elephant a try!