Rip Puppies

lillypilly

A ROWVILLE family has been left traumatised after their three pet dogs were yesterday mauled to death by a neighbour’s dogs.

Tarnia Salt’s 11-year-old daughter Hayley has been left horrified after coming across the gruesome scene yesterday about 3.45pm.

The Salt family is shattered after losing the dogs — a 14-year-old pug, a 10-month old cavalier and 4-month-old pug — but thankful the deadly attack didn’t occur when their two young children were playing outside.

“As soon as we got home from school, Hayley went outside and all I heard was this loud scream,” Ms Salt said.

“I came out to find our three dogs dead lying on the ground, and I just checked if any were still alive and they weren’t, but they were still warm so it hadn’t been that long.

“We are very dedicated to our dogs — they were inside dogs and we loved them. They are lost, we are completely lost.”

Ms Salt said the two killer dogs — which belonged to neighbours behind her property — had gained entry by digging a hole under the fence.

Ms Salt said the dogs’ owners had told her they were sorry for the attack and promised to have the dogs put down.

“He (the neighbour) told me they were fox terriers, but one of them was quite big and looks like it is crossed with something” she said.

“I’m a dog lover, so I’m not sure whether they should be put down. However, if they could do that to our dogs, imagine what they could do to a young child.

“If we had come home earlier and my children walked out it could have been a lot worse.”

Ms Salt said her 14-year-old pug had been sick for the past 10 months but thought she would have lasted at least another year.

“She should have died in peace and love, with me by her side,” she said.

“I can’t imagine what they were feeling to be slaughtered. They would have been so scared.

“I could see two pugs didn’t give up much of a fight. The cavalier was in bad shape so she fought back as best she could.”

The family have already buried the dogs in the backyard and say they plan to have more dogs in the future.

Ms Salt said she would contact Knox City Council today about the incident.

My link

Thats so very sad on so many levels.... horrifying & heartbreaking...

The poor family. Thoses kids finding their beloved dogs

slaughtered. Thoses poor dogs would of been terrfied.

I hope the dogs that did this get PTS ASAP before they affend again.

How unspeakably tragic. Hard to find the words, really.

At approximately 5pm on Monday 22 of this month it will be six years since I came home from a quick trip down to Woolworths and found Tirra had been killed. Not a day goes by still that I don't think of him.

So what it would be like for that family seeing three dogs killed and one badly mauled, I just can't imagine.

That's awful to hear.

We left our two guinea pigs and cat in the care of a "friend" for a week with an eskie full of food. After our holiday we picked them up, he gave us most of the food back, and the morning after both guinea pigs were dead. He'd fed them all manner of weird things and poisoned them. Our 8 year old was devastated, so I can only begin to imagine how awful it would be to lose all your dogs in such a horrible manner. It's just awful.