Spring Is Here

Taliecat

We've got an Amstaff boy that seems to suffer from contact allergies in spring..

And sure enough, spring is here are during his morning check over he's popped up with a rash in his armpits again.

We've already cleared the yard of the usual suspects (wandering dew, Moses in a basket) when we moved into this place, but it appears that we've missed something.

Any advice for other plants we may have missed or things that we can do to help prevent the flare ups (food, supplements, goodies)?

We're off to the vet tomorrow to get some more neocort and probably some antibiotics, so he'll at least have some relief but the poor guy has been itching for a bit so there must be something that's setting him off.

sardines or mackerel seems to help with skin stuff.. good luck!

Oh yeah - every post that talks about skin issues I repeat how my boy's skin went from being shocking to perfect on sardines. It makes up most of his diet now (mixed with biscuits, eggs and chicken necks).

Also try not to bath him too much. If it's contact allergies, that might not help, but my vet told me the natural oils in their skin/hair will heal or prevent most skin allergies.