Which Breeds Do You Wish Were In Australia?

Kavik

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I know about most of breeds being mentioned in this thread is because of this book, and my flicking through it every day

:offtopic: But what is this book called? The bits you showed look quite nice!

and familiar.... I have a feeling I might own that book... :o *off to rummage*

Edited by cannibalgoldfish

Akayla you are correct, it is the Encyclopedia of the Dog by Bruce Fogle. I do not like that it includes "labradoodles" but they are in a section at the back about cross breeds.

All of the information though seems to be quite correct (from what I know of certain breeds) and it's honest at least! More than a few breeds are described to be for experienced owners/working type homes only.

I display it at my work as it get SO much more love there than sitting in my house. Every single customer who sees it, has a look for their breed :D I do keep an eye on it though, it was NOT a cheap book.

I love the fact that I am learning that more and more Spitz breeds have a herding history, not necessarily for your traditionally "normal" domestic animals , but involving livestock that are "normal" for their region of origin like reindeer.

Please continue to inform and educate. :thumbsup:

I love the fact that I am learning that more and more Spitz breeds have a herding history, not necessarily for your traditionally "normal" domestic animals , but involving livestock that are "normal" for their region of origin like reindeer.

Please continue to inform and educate. :thumbsup:

They are one of the most fascinating types of dog IMO and I love reading about the histories.

Friends of mine have just imported the first Estrela Mountain Dog into the country :) he's lovely.

work or show cassie?

Once they can get the breed recognized here, he will be shown. It's a long and slow process so I'm told. And they weren't able to even get the ball rolling until he was out of quarantine and living with them, even though they planned to import him over 12 months ago.