It's Gotten Worse....

Yep :(

It's a shame really, and nothing will stop people doing it. Animals escape the PTS but a clause holder has no say over what happens afterwards. I think very few realise that. Having a chip in your name means absolutely nothing when it comes to getting your animal returned, you cannot get it back just because it's in your name. If you're very lucky and it ends up impounded so you can reclaim.

And signing an animal over without proof of vetwork is plain stupid.

I am trying to protect the clause holder from guilt by association by not posting all the snapshots I've got but so far nobody has stepped up. Dogs are not being desexed, ads have been pulled because a "troublemaker" kicked up a stink.

edit meh, may as well add some as nobody seems to have noticed. Country co-ords may recognise some of their dogs. I pray these dogs are safe and DESEXED by now.

post-6444-0-64655700-1410999355_thumb.jpg post-6444-0-23205300-1410999383_thumb.jpg post-6444-0-80162400-1410999398_thumb.jpg post-6444-0-90087800-1410999441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Powerlegs

I've been told that if you read enough on the FB page you'll be able to work out who has sent at least one of the dogs. I'm not naming names but :laugh: promises promises.

edit: yes Anne you're reading correctly. Not vaccinated.

Edited by Powerlegs

I'll have to look back through, but I think I remember seeing the Wagga female in RR. Round about the time there was a huge rush from 'the group that shall not be named' and their so-called affililiate rescues claiming to save everything from GRAS. Lasted about a month and then they all went quiet here, thankfully!

They don't vaccinate until they get a deposit and the pup is only 8 weeks old? Wow... am I reading that correctly?

What about the risk to the pup while it waits for someone to pay a deposit?

Well that's hardly a new practice. There are rescues who don't desex either before the dog gets a home. I guess that isn't as bad as not vaccinating though.

SOCARES is having a bit of a meltdown at the moment I've noticed, and I think they share around their 16D so wouldn't be surprised if these were one of their wayward members..

:( That doesn't sound good. They have a contract to run Charmhaven don't they? I'm not really in touch with the rescue world these days.

Why do people still share their 16D's with all and sundry? I would have thought that were enough horror stories going around about those who've been stung that it would not be happening any more...

Then again - those in the "gotta save everything with a pulse" brigade don't ever stop to think of possible consequences, do they?

T.

Yep. But then there's the fact that just because you are new you're not automatically useless. And just because you have a clause doesn't make you legit.

In the end.

If you're pulling dogs and cats out for strangers (who cares if they call themselves rescue!) who are then in turn helping their mates get animals out and nobody knows where they end up or what vetwork is done then: you're a nitwit. Who has totally missed the point that rescue is more than making sure an animal isn't PTS. And who is seriously overestimating their own ability to spot a liar.

The fact that the 16D rules state that you shouldn't be sharing it about... why would you?

There needs to be a huge amount of trust that someone using your 16D to pull dogs will do the right thing by you and get all the paperwork in order, yes? Who trusts anyone that much? I bet you wouldn't let those same people borrow your car for a week... just sayin'...

T.

I've only just spotted this thread, caught my eye because I have heard of this group in my hometown, Im on the mid north coast of NSW.

They don't have a great reputation, from what i've been told by customers (including a puppy dying soon after being given to new owners, owners experienced with dogs). Also have heard that they owe money to vets (but that doesn't necessarily mean anything)

Other than that my personal experience with them is getting us to engrave about 30 name tags (with Fur Furever and names/numbers) which, because it would take a while, was not paid for upfront. Now we have 30 name tags and they don't return calls!