It's Gotten Worse....

• 4 weeks later...

I have sent one dog to her :( she isnt responding to any of my correspondence the dog will be flagged as missing. Makes me so angry the rest of the dogs I dont know about I know she use to work with pr. This saddens me to no end. Guess I should not be surprised though.

Not sticking up for anyone here

But with SoCares are they set up a bit differently? So if your group becomes and associate member they are then allowed to use

the 16d? Not saying that all associates are good but I believe that is how it operates. So is allowed.

As for everyone else. I am sure the list is extensive about who allows whom to use their clause.

I had a conversation once with a animal holding facility in regards to groups using their 16d and handing dogs over to an unauthorised group. The reply I got was they don't care where the group with the 16d sends the animals. It is none of their business. I find that quite poor

But with SoCares are they set up a bit differently? So if your group becomes and associate member they are then allowed to use

the 16d? Not saying that all associates are good but I believe that is how it operates. So is allowed.

As for everyone else. I am sure the list is extensive about who allows whom to use their clause.

I had a conversation once with a animal holding facility in regards to groups using their 16d and handing dogs over to an unauthorised group. The reply I got was they don't care where the group with the 16d sends the animals. It is none of their business. I find that quite poor

I have made inquiries with the Office of Local Government with a representative in the section that deals with S16D clauses and she has advised it is not lawful for a group with a 16D to have associate members and allow them to use the 16D. So what SoCares is doing is not permissable. For the record, no I didn't nominate a group when I made my inquiry.

So how do those sharing their 16D's so willy-nilly actually complete their audit info each year for the DLG? Do they just fluff it and hope that they won't be called to account properly?

Seriously though, the reporting process for the DLG isn't much chop - it could fairly easily be fudged with no-one any the wiser... *sigh*

T.

TD, yes I think there's a lot of fluffing but I know a couple of very very rural (new to rescue) pounds who don't really understand the use of 16D so I think some paperwork is lost in space.

I have made inquiries with the Office of Local Government with a representative in the section that deals with S16D clauses and she has advised it is not lawful for a group with a 16D to have associate members and allow them to use the 16D. So what SoCares is doing is not permissable. For the record, no I didn't nominate a group when I made my inquiry.

That's my understanding of it as well Ams. Because you apply for yourself and your own group (or individual) on all the paperwork. And they process it as such before gazetting, not assuming you are applying for all your associates as well. But nobody does anything about it anyway so as with most things dog related, you can have a whole bunch of laws and regulations but if there is nobody to enforce them it's pointless.

What upsets me is that people accept the stuff-ups of lost or dead animals as collateral damage. :mad

The people that loudly bitch and moan about PR sending dogs everywhere are doing the same thing if not worse. They don't even have the money to desex a few before shipping out.

They have never met the dog, they have never met the 'rescue' they are shipping them to and they have zero control over what happens afterwards. Where do pregnant cats go when they have had kittens? Where do the kittens go? What happened to the dogs advertised in this thread?

No kill. Save save save. Pat yourself on the back and revel in the praise for being an angel. And don't tell the clause holder you've been using their 16D to empty pounds with. :shhh:

I can still remember the number of phonecalls our rescue got once Andrea stopped everyone and their dog using the DABS 16D... so many demanding that we let them use ours because they couldn't be arsed getting their own (and dealing with the annual reporting that goes with it).

I've had the pleasure of filling out the DLG paperwork once or twice - and it's really non-specific... only asks for numbers in/out and the like - you could fudge it so easily. I must say that ours was spot on, because we didn't share the clause, and we used a database for our turnover - easy to get the numbers out of, and easy to prove same if we got spot audited... *grin*

It's a pain of a process getting a 16D, but well worth it for anyone running a rescue properly - it can reduce pound costs significantly from those pounds that have a desexing policy for all animals released. But there are still pounds out there that really don't have any such policy, and a 16D isn't needed to get animals out...

What is also worth noting is that a 16D from one council area will not automagically mean you can get animals from pounds from ALL areas... but many pounds will let that little catch slide...

T.

And dont be surprised when rescue is stuck with more laws and regs either. You make it hard for everyone.

Are you talking about "ALL" Rescue groups or just the dodgy ones that are being mentioned in this thread??

Maree

CPR

All rescue groups will pay for the dodgy ones if more laws and regs are introduced to try to cover the dodgy ones.

And dont be surprised when rescue is stuck with more laws and regs either. You make it hard for everyone.

Are you talking about "ALL" Rescue groups or just the dodgy ones that are being mentioned in this thread??

Maree

CPR

All rescue groups will pay for the dodgy ones if more laws and regs are introduced to try to cover the dodgy ones.

Thanks just wanted to clarify.

• 2 months later...

That's crazy, don't let people use your 16D! I think many involved in Dog Rescue are mentally unsound people with hoarding tendencies, there's very view I would personally deal with especially with the we have to save everything mentality.

Keep your reputation and your ethics strong and keep your 16D to yourself, if someone wants to use it they can do they hard work and get their own!

That's crazy, don't let people use your 16D! I think many involved in Dog Rescue are mentally unsound people with hoarding tendencies, there's very view I would personally deal with especially with the we have to save everything mentality.

Keep your reputation and your ethics strong and keep your 16D to yourself, if someone wants to use it they can do they hard work and get their own!

Yes!

But from what I can gather, it's the loopholes and casual usage of 16D. Firstly, proper (aka all the rules they make you agree to when applying) usage is not enforced so there's no qualms about sharing anymore.

Secondly you don't actually 'need' it if a pound wants to give you animals so once you have your foot in the door with a borrowed clause then sometimes you use it, sometimes you don't. Anything under 6 months old doesn't need one. Animals under mandatory chipping age don't pose much of a problem. And anything neonate is easy. Like whole litters. eg Use a clause for the mum and get ten bonus 5wk old puppies with no chips.

It's the rural pounds being emptied and animals being transported everywhere, to literally anyone incl vanishing over the border. I'm torn about posting a snapshot of an adoption purchase note I was sent. :mad Far out some people are rotten.