Considering Importing A New Breed To Australia?

Aleksandr

Importing of New Breed or New Dog

ATTENTION

ALL MEMBERS WHO ARE CONSIDERING IMPORTING A NEW BREED OR A NEW DOG

At the recent ANKC Conference ANKC Regulations Part 6 was revised to ensure only fully registered dogs would be accepted for re-registration onto the ANKC Main Register and that to assist in the education of Judges and other interested parties sufficient information is provided to allow the preparation of a Breed Standard Extension for all new Breeds.

This now requires:

Any dog imported into Australia must contain a full pedigree, showing prefix/suffix, Registration Numbers for all dogs shown on the pedigree etc.

Any person applying for the recognition of a new breed must supply sufficient information to complete a BSE

The complete Section 9 of ANKC Regulation Part 6 can be viewed on the ANKC Web Site under Regulation.

The clauses relating specifically to the above two points are reproduced below for your information.

9.1.1 That each individual dog to be re-registered is registered with a overseas Canine Control Body that is recognised by the ANKC and accompanied by the original registration issued by the controlling body in the country in which the animal was last registered and by an “Export Certified/Pedigree”.(10/06, 6.1.2)

9.1.2 That each individual dog to be re-registered has all ancestors shown on the Export Certified/Pedigree are fully registered. ie The Prefix or Suffix plus the dogs name and the registration number must be provided for all ancestors shown on the Export Certified/Pedigree. (10/06, 6.1.2)

9.1.4 The importer to provides sufficient additional breed information, such as additional text expanding on the breed standard, photographs and diagrams to allow the ANKC to prepare an appropriate Breed Standard Extension. The importer shall also provide written approval for the use of this material. (10/06, 6.1.2)

Also the ANKC will not consider the recognition of a new breed or individual dogs imported into Australia, where the dog/s have been registered with an overseas Canine Controlling Body that is not recognised by the ANKC (such as the United Kennel Club).

Roger Bridgford

National Breed Standards Coordinator

Source: http://www.ankc.org.au/News.aspx?id=131

All news to me as i just started the process of getting my dogs breed recognised in Australia.

And getting some experience it bit by bit and dollar by dollar

In Regulations http://www.ankc.org.au/Regulations-1.aspx You have to read

Part 6 THE REGISTER AND REGISTRATION

SECTION 10 page 21

Recognition of New Breeds

You have to write a letter of application requesting that the breed be recognised for registration in Australia.

With the letter of application you – as the importer and the person wanting recognition - has to provide:

a. A copy of the export pedigree

b. Proof that the dog is in the country – quarantine documentation

c. The official breed standard – a translated copy certified that it is a correct translation from the Russian Kennel Club

d. Breed information about the breed - including history, function of the breed, photographs, diagrams etc

e. Written approval from the source of the breed information ie breed club, for permission to reproduce this information in preparing a breed standard extension

May be sound simple enough but I am dealing with pure breed russian club. :) So far they did not bother to translate the breed standard into English, so I have to hire official NAATI certified translation company. Not gona mention the cost... :)

Than I'll have to send the certified translation of the breed standard back to the russian club and ask their permission to use the document by ANKC. Remember the doc is in English so somebody will have to translate back to Russian for them and the cost involved....... Oh boy....

You're on a vertical learning curve Aleksandr.

Many folk who import a new breed are already ANKC members and aware of the import regulations before the process starts.

Is the EES recognised in any English speaking country?

The Dog Registry of America does. But what standing would /could they have here?

:(

Many folk who import a new breed are already ANKC members and aware of the import regulations before the process starts.

The Dog Registry of America does. But what standing would /could they have here?

None. If it had been the KC or the AKC or similar, it would possibly have been easier. :(

Aleksandr that fine print about "full export pedigrees" is very important.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

None. If it had been the KC or the AKC or similar, it would possibly have been easier. :(

thought as much.

You are so correct about the fine print on 'full export pedigrees'.

Had an issue with a Vizsla being imported from Italy after leaving Hungary.

The translator made an error with the names of grand sire & grand dam. Reversed names.

Can not imagine what might happen when steps are being taken to get a dog recognised here.

:confused:

You'reon a vertical learning curve Aleksandr.

Manyfolk who import a new breed are already ANKC members and aware of the importregulations before the process starts.

Is theEES recognised in any English speaking country?

Recognisedin Us as far as I know.

Vertical learning indeed! Up or Down who knows?! :)

Can'tyour NAATI certified translator simply certify that both copies say the samething in each language and just do the translation once that way?

Iam not NAATI certified translator for them they have to translate it anyway. Besideswhen you trying to do that kind of thing you really not having room for mistakes.Better move the most to professionals asyou doing it not just for yourself or just for your dog. The hard work ofgenerations of breeders involved.

Just hoping becouse RKF - Russian Kynological Federation has been accepted as a federated member of the FCI http://www.fci.be/en/ We may have a chance..

Prefix and suffix are not required.

Mutual recognition of Pedigrees - FCI standing orders applies.

Export pedigree is whatever the country of origin issues wrt accepted as pedigree from the country of origin.

This is the ANKC Requirement:

ANKC Ltd recognises new breeds, which are recognised by the Recognised Overseas Controlling Body provided that:

That each individual dog to be re-registered is registered with a overseas Canine Control Body that is recognised by ANKC Ltd and accompanied by the original registration issued by the controlling body in the country in which the animal was last registered and by an “Export Certified/Pedigree”. (10/06, 6.1.2

You only need RKF information.

You can call them and they will provide their documents in English for you for a fee.

Will they?! None on their website.

At the moment I am doing what ANKC advised me to do. Getting an official translation from RKF website of the breed standard for use by ANKC.

You can call them and they will provide their documents in English for you for a fee.

At the moment I am doing what ANKC advised me to do. Getting an official translation from RKF website of the breed standard for use by ANKC.

Have you contacted the RKF?

Address: Moscow, Gostinichnaya st., 9, 5th floor

Post Address: 127106, Moscow, P.O. Box 28

common address: [email protected]

international department: [email protected]

WEBSITE IN ENGLISH:

http://www.rkf.org.ru/en/index.html?PHPSESSID=852de37f5604d7c2bcb559e44c5efa2e

They are an international organisation, and FCI documents are prepared in English.

Have you contacted the RKF?

Address: Moscow, Gostinichnaya st., 9, 5th floor

Post Address: 127106, Moscow, P.O. Box 28

common address: [email protected]

international department: [email protected]

WEBSITE IN ENGLISH:

http://www.rkf.org.r...cb559e44c5efa2e

They are an international organisation, and FCI documents are prepared in English.

Just send an e-mail to them.

Just had a phone conversation with representative from RKF. You right they already have a translation of the breed standard in english.

I have paid 300+ to translate the document to english and the results are appalling.

Check this:

dpuse.PNG

Never thought my dog is suitable for desktop use... :)