Blue British Bulldogs

CrazyCresties

From what i just googled:

"The colour should be whole or smut (that is, a whole colour with a black mask or muzzle). The only colours (which should be brilliant and pure of their sort) are whole colours - viz., brindles, reds, with their varieties, fawns, fallows etc., white and also pied (i.e. a combination of white with any other of the foregoing colours). Dudley, black and black with tan are extremely undesirable colours."

No mention of blue, so i am assuming part of the fad now. So thats sad :(

Is it me or do those bulldogs on that page look like they are deformed and have way too much skin? I don't find any of them attractive or appealing in the slightest...

T.

The feet looked f'd up to me, flat and splayed. But I don't know what BB are supposed to look like.

Look up blue german shepherds and malinois ... if they can dilute it, well why the heck not!! Lets see how far we can breed out of a standard

How naive of me, it has never occurred to me that people would breed Malinois purely for looks. Oops.

I have Bosdogs (Aussie bulldogs) and am registered with ABS and it is written in our standard that blue (and any variation of) and tri or black and tan are not allowed colors.

I have noticed that there seems to be a huge increase in some of the other Aussie Bulldog groups (in no way affiliated with ABS) of blue dogs. A few people have imported blue BB and are using them in their breeding programs and charging huge amounts of money for the pups. Reminds me of what happened with SBT :(

Hi guys,

Quite possibly a stupid question, but how do they 'introduce' the colour in to the different breeds?

I understand that there are recessive genes etc, and many breeds have 'throw back' colours/dilute which crop up from time to time, but if a breed does not have X (in this case blue) colour in it, how do people suddenly get it? - do they sneakily introduce another breed and go 'WOW - look what turned up', or do these breeds have blue behind them somewhere in the pedigree and instead of desexing and placing them out as pets when they crop up, does someone line breed it to become predominant?

ta

Edited by BDJ