Pet Rescue

:) Yes I'd have to agree that a breed search would not work out the way you'd expect. And some of the breed I.D's are way off although with 'pure' dogs you're hardly likely to make a mistake on visual breed identification of for example a hairless crested, shar pei or a pug. They look like what they are.

But I can't count how many dogs have been labelled silky or silky cross when there's not so much as an eyelash that looks anywhere near one. Tibbies.... often called shihtzu cross when they aren't even close.

You can always use google anyway to find a breed you want but it relies on the dog being properly identified. Same with cats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, So I've got some ads up on pet rescue and I'm getting a few responses for each dog. Question is, how best to respond to the people that are not successful, not necessarily the people that aren't suitable just those that weren't the best home for the dog out of the applicants that you get.

I feel like I'm advertising for a job opening :p

Some people won't take kindly to their application not being successful - no matter how you sugar coat it...

Best tactic is to be honest - and not too long winded or apologetic.

Probably start with thanking them for their application, and then simply advise that they were not a successful applicant for this particular dog, but if they would care to consider another dog that the rescue may have that would be a better match for their family that may be arranged.

If they are unsuccessful because they are actually unsuited to owning any dog, just stop at the being unsuccessful applicant part... *grin*

T.

Thanks T :D

So it pretty much is like rejecting a job applicant. Don't give them an excuse to argue with your decision just give it to them straight...

here's a template I prepared earlier :p

We have interviewed a number of candidates and at this time have determined that another candidate is more suited for the requirements of our opening dog