Vets That Debark In Sydney

mel121

Just an update.. we got the procedure done and it went so well ! We are all much happier now, including my chi who had it done as now we Are not constantly yelling at her :thumbsup: If anyone needs details of the vet, just PM me. I highly recommend him !

I'm so relieved for you & your chi, mel. You were right to go searching for a vet who has special expertise ... as well as, of course complying with the regulations. Best recommendations are word of mouth based on experience. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Just an update.. we got the procedure done and it went so well ! We are all much happier now, including my chi who had it done as now we Are not constantly yelling at her :thumbsup: If anyone needs details of the vet, just PM me. I highly recommend him !

I found your story and related to every detail. My neighbours are sick of my German Shepherd. I have tried many methods for years. The electronic collar works best to an extent until my dog barks its battery out. She only barks when we are not home, she has a huge run, bones galore and she barked just as much when we had another dog. She is not anxious, though she may get lonely, she just loves barking and her bark is very very loud and persistant. I think softening her bark is the better solution for everybody, including my dog. Better than being zapped. Better than being put down.

Nobody sees my point of view, but the level of stress on me when my neighbours complain is enormous. I can never go out without worrying. I tried once to pass her on to another owner. It was heart-breaking, but she wouldnt eat and she escaped over his high fences. He gave her back to me and i vowed i would never send her away again. Please, please can you direct me to a vet who will help me intead of judging me as cruel. I adore my dog. I really do. This has been upsetting everyone for years.

I am concerned about getting the neighbours complaints, as they may also object to the operation.

Edited by Gypsy11

: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
On 30/10/2014 at 5:26 PM, mel121 said:

Hi I am going through the same as you did with my gorgeous Maltese cross. My neighbours are long suffering and have as yet not made a formal complaint to council however I have had notes left in my letter box. As I am new to this site and technically challenged I am having trouble working out how to PM you for details. 

Regards. Jdogg 

• 9 months later...
On 25/09/2014 at 5:13 PM, mel121 said:

hi Guys, Could you please PM with names of reputable vets in Sydney that debark. Yes this is a last resort for us so please, no harsh comments as I'm definitely not taking the decision lightly. Thanks..

On 30/10/2014 at 5:26 PM, mel121 said:

Hi Mel, what are the details of the vet you used? I live in Sydney and have the same problem. Last resort. Thanks! 

Hey I had no idea there was anyone in Sydney who will debark a dog these days?

is there or are they like the unicorn extinct?

I know two dogs that will be put down and their owners are distraught beyond words......  they must be either debarked or euthanaised and neither can find a vet who will even discuss it .

They rang me for help as I chipped both their dogs for them, but they dont realise I chip dogs not debark them..... pity the chips cant come with a volume control  perhaps?

Edited by asal