$2500 For A Pomeranian Puppy Serious

ka89

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PIAA (pet industry association of Australia ) member pet stores will claim their puppies are from "registered breeders" and what that means is that the industry approved commercial dog breeding facility ( ie, puppy farm) that they source their puppies from is registered with the local council/ shire with all the approvals to operate. In other words, a 'registered' puppy farm. And yes, sadly, one of our main pet industry bodies really does encourage their member stores to source puppies from these registered council approved puppy factories. They justify this by telling you they only support ethical registered commercial puppy breeders, but not those dodgy puppy farms. :banghead::banghead:

ANKC breeders are able to sell to PIAA pet shops - in most states

PIAA (pet industry association of Australia ) member pet stores will claim their puppies are from "registered breeders" and what that means is that the industry approved commercial dog breeding facility ( ie, puppy farm) that they source their puppies from is registered with the local council/ shire with all the approvals to operate. In other words, a 'registered' puppy farm. And yes, sadly, one of our main pet industry bodies really does encourage their member stores to source puppies from these registered council approved puppy factories. They justify this by telling you they only support ethical registered commercial puppy breeders, but not those dodgy puppy farms. :banghead::banghead:

Really! I don't think it is the case in SA . And what the hell sort of ANKC breeder would sell their puppies to a pet shop anyway? Not one I'd have much respect for :mad

I had a face to face altercation with the PIAA CEO about their stance on 'ethical puppy farms' :banghead:

It is correct that south australian breeders may not sell to pet shops neither can registered cat breeders but that is not the rule in all states.

Victoria in particular for all its laws & ridiculous enforcements seems to make it easier for large scale puppy farms & pet shops dealing in live animals.

Really! I don't think it is the case in SA . And what the hell sort of ANKC breeder would sell their puppies to a pet shop anyway? Not one I'd have much respect for :mad

I had a face to face altercation with the PIAA CEO about their stance on 'ethical puppy farms' :banghead:

Most puppies in most petshops ARE from puppy farms - full stop.

Please NEVER buy puppies from petshops.

I can't believe any self-respecting registered breeder would want their progeny rehomed by 16 yr olds who know nothing. :mad

Is it's coming from a pet shop in Mt Lawley? They may say they don't source from puppy farms but I wouldn't believe it. The amount of puppies they have coming through that place is unreal! Please find a decent ethical breeder and don't give this pet shop your money as it will only encourage more byb/puppy farming :mad

Oh my god they are famous, how did you know!? Don't tell the name here we don't want to have any legal problem.

I worked it out just from the thread titleWA-Perth pet shop (Private owned)

Edited by Drumbeat

Most puppies in most petshops ARE from puppy farms - full stop.

Please NEVER buy puppies from petshops.

I can't believe any self-respecting registered breeder would want their progeny rehomed by 16 yr olds who know nothing. :mad

Agreed and everyone who wants to buy a puppy should ask why a breeder would dump puppies in a pet shop and take much less payment and remain out of the loop for the buyer. The minute you buy a pup form someone who is primarily motivated to make money over the welfare of the new family and the dog you should know that corners have to be cut in order to make a bigger profit they take less money for their pups because they have something to hide.

And dont think that a registered breeder cant be a puppy farmer - if they sell to pet shops whether they are registered or not they see their [puppies as animals shipped off to market with no care for their welfare.

Edited by Steve

I am a registered breeder, my prefix is Sudbine. I have a page on facebook called "Sudbine Pomeranians" and I have a profile on Dogzonline. I would never buy a Pomeranian from a pet shop, especially for that price. I charge less than that and my puppies are vaccinated, microchipped, wormed AND registered (on limited register, it would be more for main register). They are also from excellent lines and are of show quality. You could expect to pay $2,500 and up for a show quality pomeranian on the main register.

I noticed the Poms disappeared from the pet shop's list of pups 'in stock' a couple of days after the original post........

This is one of the problems, the "general public" expects breeders to have pups 8/10 weeks old, ready to go at ALL times. What do you say? "Yes I stick them in the freezer and thaw them out on request!!!!!!!!!!!"

I noticed the Poms disappeared from the pet shop's list of pups 'in stock' a couple of days after the original post........

This is one of the problems, the "general public" expects breeders to have pups 8/10 weeks old, ready to go at ALL times. What do you say? "Yes I stick them in the freezer and thaw them out on request!!!!!!!!!!!"

No JRG ........ We take them out of the freezer and thaw them in the Micro Wave. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am a registered breeder, my prefix is Sudbine. I have a page on facebook called "Sudbine Pomeranians" and I have a profile on Dogzonline. I would never buy a Pomeranian from a pet shop, especially for that price. I charge less than that and my puppies are vaccinated, microchipped, wormed AND registered (on limited register, it would be more for main register). They are also from excellent lines and are of show quality. You could expect to pay $2,500 and up for a show quality pomeranian on the main register.

Wow - two weeks old and they're show QUALITY. You are a very brave person making that claim!