Rip Dr Sophia Yin

Aidan3

I am somewhat devastated by this as she has been the inspiration of so many teaching resources I/we use in classes in my work. Even more upsetting that she took her own life, someone who was so valued by so many people in the world and has helped more dogs than could ever be imagined (and other animals). You just never know what is going on behind someone's smiling face. I hope that her work lives on and that people folllow in her footsteps in terms of training methodology and passion.

I am somewhat devastated by this as she has been the inspiration of so many teaching resources I/we use in classes in my work. Even more upsetting that she took her own life, someone who was so valued by so many people in the world and has helped more dogs than could ever be imagined (and other animals). You just never know what is going on behind someone's smiling face. I hope that her work lives on and that people folllow in her footsteps in terms of training methodology and passion.

So very true. How fortunate we are that she was so generous in sharing her insights in such an easily accessible way. It's so important that her legacy lives on. :(

Seems like there is a need for people who work with animals to have similar training and support that people who work in human mental health and other caring roles get.

Edited by Aidan2

Seems like there is a need for people who work with animals to have similar training and support that people who work in human mental health and other caring roles get.

Yes there is.

Working with animals and their owners can take it's toll as this clearly illustrates.