Casper

White Shepherd mom

I have lost my buddy, my reason for getting up in the morning and my reason for rushing home after work every day. My joy, my shadow, my angel.

I miss his big smile, his strength, his love for life, the kisses he'd let me plant on his forehead, the big bear hugs I'd steal when he wasn't expecting them, the beautiful eyes that followed me around.

In the last 4 months, he needed a doggy wheelchair to get around. He took to it instantly and once again I had to run to keep up with him. Everybody stopped to pat him and talk to him, he has left such a huge hole. When he was diagnosed with Degenerative Myelopathy in 2010, I was told most dogs are paralysed within 6-18 months. He made it to almost 4 years. Old age and the DM had to gang up on him to take him.

I miss you my big boy but Bella has been on her own too long and she needed you with her. I hope you are both chasing birds and pouncing on lizards together again. Wait for me.

post-6292-0-39983100-1412046047_thumb.jpg

Edited by White Shepherd mom

I have lost my buddy, my reason for getting up in the morning and my reason for rushing home after work every day. My joy, my shadow, my angel.

I miss you my big boy but Bella has been on her own too long and she needed you with her. I hope you are both chasing birds and pouncing on lizards together again. Wait for me.

post-6292-0-39983100-1412046047_thumb.jpg

Vale, Casper.

May you and Bella find birds and lizards aplenty as you wait for your Momma.

HUGS to you, White Shepherd mom. Casper is a magnificent boy.

:rainbowbridge:

Iam so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, they do leave the biggest hole in your lives, and I know how hard you worked to make his final months as happy as you possibly could.

The white sheppie world is a poorer place now without your beautiful boy.

Hugs to you in this dreadful time.

Di

Thanks guys, he was definitely very loved. If love was enough to keep him here, he would have lived until my heart stopped beating.

Panto, on Casper's last day, my vet told me that we kept him going long after most people would have euthanised. He said most people wouldn't have bothered with the wheelchair and would have given up when things got too hard. Your girl is so lucky to have you and I hope she gets a lot of mileage out of her wheels. I hope she's a fighter because I know you won't give up on her. Big hugs :hug: