Stolen Gsd - Warnbro, Wa

spikey

Have just seen this on Yahoo News - a neighbour's security camera seems to have captured someone walking away with this young GSD last Thursday, around 11:30am.

Here's the link to the story https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/25149569/did-security-camera-catch-dog-thief/

The security camera footage has been posted on Facebook (which I'm not on), but maybe those who are could share it? Fingers crossed that he can find his dog, and the scumbag who took him.

Thanks for posting the Channel Nine segment Raffikki - there's a pretty clear shot of the vehicle in that footage, so hopefully someone will recognise it. My heart broke as I watched him walk away with the dog - Beau's obviously a very good-natured dog and seemed happy to be out for a walk, although obviously a bit uncertain of the person who was taking him away. I hope and pray that he's found and returned to his owner.

Edited by spikey

Some people :mad:mad The footage amazed me really. That scumbag had definitely done his homework. Knew exactly what he was after & was in & out with gorgeous Beau in tow within minutes.

I'm really blown away a GS would let a stranger into the yard, then be leashed & go off with him. Especially without too much commotion. Barking etc. Surprises me a lot actually.

Poor dog... :( Just heartbreaking... I hope he is reunited safely with his loving owner ASAP.

Edited by BC Crazy

Our three (German Shepherds) would make have a bark, but I would think they would most likely let someone into the backyard. Two are show dogs so used to being handed over to strangers, and our big male just loves everyone.

That makes me feel sick as it was just so brazen. I couldn't imagine what the owner is going through right now. Hopefully the person who has stolen the dog doesn't have anything nasty in mind.

I watched the 9 news report last night, the link I posted was from earlier in the day.

Apparently they man spent a bit of time tossing treats to Beau, gaining his trust :(

I really hope with all the news/internet coverage, the owner gets Beau back!

I was only thinking today if this A hole had spent time with this dog previously, buttering poor Beau up. Wonder if there is any video footage traces of that.

Gosh I hope this lovely boy can be found... :(

Edited by BC Crazy

I watched the video the other day but it wasn't that clear. The guy had obviously planned it and knew the dog's behaviour. I hope someone recognises him and they find Beau.

I had two of my cats stolen, as did some other people in my neighbourhood. We knew an elderly woman stole them, but we never managed to track her down. It's heartbreaking having a pet family member stolen :(

Edited by Dave-o

Lost 14kg in 2 weeks??? My goodness!! Is that even possible??

They had him and his owner on channel 9 news tonight and they said he lost 14kgs from probably scavenging for food. He was found wandering around a park 45 kilometers from home.

So that rotter just let him go or maybe the poor baby escaped?

:cry:

So very pleased he is home. Wonderful news !!!!!

14kg is a lot if weight to drop. Maybe he was just always on the move looking for his home & food. That creep must have just let him go or he ran away from him. Whatever the reason the outcome is fantastic for this gorgeous boy & his obviously devoted owner.

Hope they can catch the B before he reoffends.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people :mad:mad The footage amazed me really. That scumbag had definitely done his homework. Knew exactly what he was after & was in & out with gorgeous Beau in tow within minutes.

I'm really blown away a GS would let a stranger into the yard, then be leashed & go off with him. Especially without too much commotion. Barking etc. Surprises me a lot actually.

Poor dog... :( Just heartbreaking... I hope he is reunited safely with his loving owner ASAP.

Poor Beau doesn't meet the breed standards and neither would his parents. Territorial aggression although unfitting for a reliable pet is what a GSD must have to comply with the breed standards. A GSD who could pass breed suitability testing would have instinctively bitten the thief and caused him injury in those circumstances.

Great to see he was found and reunited with his owner and is safely back home :thumbsup:

Edited by Amax-1