Dog Urine Smell

Pheebs

Hi all!

We've recently moved inner-city to a little property that has a large deck and a small strip of concrete down the side of the property. The previous owners had two staffs which used to toilet down the side on the concrete and we followed suit (predominantly because it was easy to hose down immediately and because our two took to it immediately without any problems).

Now it goes without saying that as soon as they pee I hose it down immediately and pick up any poop straight away but despite all the hosing down of the concrete it's still starting to smell? I have no idea how the previous owner managed to have the place smelling nice but I'm really starting to notice it and am worried the neighbours on that side will too soon.

Any suggestions please?

A friend recommended sprinkling Bicarb of Soda onto the concrete (we both have courtyards as well as grass) and then putting white vinegar over it - it all bubbles up like a chemical reaction and then you clean as normal, ie with disinfectant.

This successfully removes the smell - funnily enough I thought I could smell it myself this morning so will be doing this myself today.

Thanks all, have tried the white vinegar which has slightly improved it but seeing as this is the long-term place for them peeing I'm looking for something easy maintenance without having to bicarb/scrub each time they toilet. Will look into the equinade - thanks!

Guest crazydoglady99

bicarb and soap, scrub with a broom.

fyi.. when you mix bicarb and vinegar the acid and alkaline neutralize each other ~ so the mix becomes water.