Raised Area On Back

About 5 weeks ago I noticed a raised area (not a lump or mass) about 2inch x 2inch wide, but only minimally raised. It's is on the left side of his back,in his back muscle area? above his flank.

By chance the morning I noticed it I was going to the vets for another issue, as it had only just appeared, the vet wasn't overly concerned and just to monitor, come in asap if any changes, otherwise give it a little while, so no change in raised area, still eating drinking etc , not sore to touch, so I went back 4 weeks later, the vet now not to sure, doesn't want to go poking at it just yet as it's not your usual lump or mass, he gave me some anti inflammatory, ilium meloxicam, and monitor come back 2 weeks,then possibly do ultra sound, stick in some needles for samples etc etc.

I go back in 1 week, boy is still his normal self, but raised area still there, just after any ones thoughts experiences ideas of what it could be,

just curious!!! (and also worried)

He is 7, healthy weight, active.

Thankyou in advance.

No idea - can you take a photo of it and post it up?

I am lump phobic - after having a dog with MCT, I get every lump tested via FNA. It only takes a second, isn't overly invasive and often the vet can check it there and then.

If you are worried just get it checked out - as the vet to do a fine needle aspirate (FNA) and check the cells.

More than likely it is nothing at all, just a fatty deposit but at least if you get it checked and that is all it is, you can stop worrying :)

Thanks staffyluv,

photo wouldn't show it really well, cause it isn't a lump or bump,its just raised. You have to be looking at it, comparing sides, and really feel it when rubbing over him. Just funny that it is a reasonably large area that's risen on his back muscle, as if he has bumped it, been bitten or done something that has caused swelling, but doesn't really appear to be any of those????

We have had a few bump/lumps/tags on his underside in the last 2 years that we have had removed and tested. This is just a little different and the vet didn't seem to know what it might be?

I guess I will know at the end of the week :)

Do you have a chiro that you can take him to?

It may be that he just needs to be aligned and it will settle.

I thought Zig had one hip higher than the other but after seeing a chiro once a month for the last few months (he has other issues as well), he seems really straight now - if you know what I mean.