Miss You Bluff Boy

Bluff

My beautiful loyal friend of 14.5yrs, Akita named Bluff sadly passed on Thursday 9th October, 2014. I miss him terribly and am ridden with guilt as he passed whilst we were at work. He was alone and it breaks my heart we weren't there with him.

So sorry for your loss, please don't feel guilty he would have known how much you love him :heart: he will now be happy running at rainbow bridge with my dog, and many other much loved companions :rainbowbridge:

Thank you Cha for your reply. We knew it wasn't far away and I don't think he would've handled our hot summer this time round anyway. He looked peaceful and was in a favourite place in the yard. It really hurts though, can't stop crying. I guess at the end of the day, regardless when or how they go it's very sad. He was definitely a much loved family member, joining us on many holidays around Victoria. He is now happy and youthful, playing at rainbow bridge with your beloved doggy and many more. Love you always Bluffy boy ????

I am so sorry for your loss of Bluff. Even if you'd been there for your boy at his final moments, you would have found something else to feel guilty about...it's just human nature. At least he was at home, in his favourite place as was his choice. It sounds like he had a wonderful life and he stayed with you much longer than most. Unfortunately we can't hold on to them forever, no matter how hard we try.

Rest in peace Bluff, you will always be loved and remembered.

:hug:

My beautiful loyal friend of 14.5yrs, Akita named Bluff sadly passed on Thursday 9th October, 2014. I miss him terribly and am ridden with guilt as he passed whilst we were at work. He was alone and it breaks my heart we weren't there with him.

I am so sorry to hear of Bluff's passing.

I guess you would have hoped to have been with him as he crossed over. But many a dog just decides to have a little sleep to be awake for your return home. Their call to the Bridge comes, peacefully, in their sleep. They cross easily & now watch down over you in love.

Vale, Bluff,

a long life so well loved for a dog so very much loved.

Be free.

HUGS to you Bluff :heart:

:rainbowbridge:

Thank you all for the wonderful words. It's not getting any easier. I am now just thinking of everything I should've done, especially towards the end. I'm forgetting all the good times.

Edited by Bluff

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things you will ever face, and sadly, sometimes guilt can make this all the harder to bear.

Take care of yourself, allow yourself to cry, rant, rave, scream, whatever makes you feel better for a moment. Remembering the good times will come, I did not believe that when the understanding people on DOL told me, but it will happen.

In the meantime I found it helped to write it all down, the memories as they washed over me, the grief I felt, everything. Besides the guilt I felt for not being able to hold my boy during the final few minutes of his life still haunt me, but I know he chose to pass when I was not watching him, he did not want me to have that final excruciating memory! That is how I choose to look at it.

I spent a lot of time processing photo's of him and making tributes too, but by far the best thing was to put it all down on DOL. We really understand and empathise, after all, this is something we all have gone through or will go through, and hearing how others coped with their grief was helpfulto me.

Take care and be kind to yourself. Rest easy Bluff boy.

Di

Thank you all for the wonderful words. It's not getting any easier. I am now just thinking of everything I should've done, especially towards the end. I'm forgetting all the good times.

This is fine. This is where you are right at this moment coming to terms with Bluff going to the Rainbow Bridge.

A day will come when it will be a little easier. And that is fine too.

Always keep in mind how much you loved Bluff and how he loved you in return.

My Heart dog left me a year ago August 2013. It was thanks to here I made peace within myself. My anger susbided & I now think of our fun times.

Be kind to yourself now.

(((HUGS)))

:)

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things you will ever face, and sadly, sometimes guilt can make this all the harder to bear.

Take care of yourself, allow yourself to cry, rant, rave, scream, whatever makes you feel better for a moment. Remembering the good times will come, I did not believe that when the understanding people on DOL told me, but it will happen.

In the meantime I found it helped to write it all down, the memories as they washed over me, the grief I felt, everything. Besides the guilt I felt for not being able to hold my boy during the final few minutes of his life still haunt me, but I know he chose to pass when I was not watching him, he did not want me to have that final excruciating memory! That is how I choose to look at it.

I spent a lot of time processing photo's of him and making tributes too, but by far the best thing was to put it all down on DOL. We really understand and empathise, after all, this is something we all have gone through or will go through, and hearing how others coped with their grief was helpfulto me.

Di

Di

I feel worse daily :( The guilt, missing him and the if only. Our beautiful boy was mainly an outdoor dog, but did come in quite a bit though, sleeping indoors too sometimes. As mentioned earlier, he also came on many family holidays and we always had a great time together and I have our favourite photos in my wallet. In our fairly large yard he was well sheltered and slept on a single mattress in the garage. Last year he was diagnosed with testicular cancer and because of his age, tests had to be done to ensure he would withstand the operation. The vet said he was well enough to have the surgery. He recovered ok and was becoming happy again. The last few months leading up to his death he was starting to lose control of his bladder and having him inside was very messy and smelly. If he did spend the night inside, it was when I was home the next day to clean the mess afterwards. I think this is when it was time to put him to sleep, but we didn't am now forever guilty about his dying days and I'm hoping he didn't feel neglected or in too much pain. I'm sorry Bluffy boy, if only I could change the last few months. Forever in my heart.

I'm sorry for your loss, 14.5 years is a long friendship and he will be missed. You did your best at the time and at least he is in peace now and not in pain.

Thanks for sharing his lovely pic. RIP Bluff, run free at the rainbow bridge. :rainbowbridge::heart:

He's a beautiful boy, you will have many happy memories of him. Don't forget, we are only human and you have done your very best for him and he loved you for it. Don't be too hard on yourself, remember the good times :) a lot of them do become incontinent towards the end, as did my boy, and we cope with it as best we can.

He's a beautiful boy, you will have many happy memories of him. Don't forget, we are only human and you have done your very best for him and he loved you for it. Don't be too hard on yourself, remember the good times :) a lot of them do become incontinent towards the end, as did my boy, and we cope with it as best we can.

Thanks, it is difficult especially when you have kids at home. Bluffy, was my first born and when my son was born, I remember feeling a sense of sadness for Bluff as I knew our relationship with Bluff would somewhat change forever. We all adjusted and lived happily. The end just comes around too quickly. The vet was his ultimate nightmare, so passing there may not have been ideal for him either.

He was very handsome, I am very sorry for your loss.

You did what you thought was right, with his best interests in mind. Sounds like he went peacefully. :angel:

Thanks, I honestly hope so, just wish I was there : ( He sure was handsome, often people stopping to admire him. It was only a couple of months ago while going for a walk, a guy being in complete shock when I told him his age.