What Food Can Your Dog Not Resist?

Loving my Oldies

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw my precious little red man stepping gingerly through the doggy door and thought how wonderful he is to be making his wobbly and sight impaired way down the back yard to do his business.

It is over a year since our journey started and there have been quite a few frights along the way. He has certainly aged, but then he is nearly 17!!

Today I had to collect some meds from the vets so took him for the drive. I popped him on the scales and he is 200gram heavier since last weigh in so I did a bit of a dance around the waiting room :laugh: :laugh:

Again, I completely believe we would have not have made it this far and in good health for such an old boy had it not been for the input and suggestions of DOLers. No words will ever convey the depth of my thankfulness that I have had this forum to turn to.

Thank you all. He is very precious (as they all are). His coat is still very red, but shot through with white, his back legs are wobbly and he doesn't much like coming out on our walks anymore, but considering what he went through for months before we managed to get the medication mix and dosage right, he is remarkable.

I was so cross with myself the other night. Every night before we settle down in bed, Danny "humps" Jeune which she mostlyignores, but the other night he started licking her all over her back. I quickly found my phone and started videoing it ....or so I thought :mad I hadn't pressed the video button hard enough. He hasn't done it since.

Hmmm - just saw him pee on the deck :( Bunter has always been (deliberately I am sure :D ) unwilling to tell the difference between the deck and downstairs and, of late, the temptation has been too great for Danny.

Tamar has always been a naughty girl and happily pees where Bunter has been; the problem with her is that she is one of those strange dogs and stands up on her two front legs while peeing, so she leaves a trail of peeing about a metre long. Bunter just leaves little contained puddles because he has never lifted his legs.

I would like to say that I have one normal dog in Jeune, but that would be stretching it more than a bit :laugh: :cry: She, however, would either hold on forever or go downstairs in a blizzard.