What Food Can Your Dog Not Resist?

Loving my Oldies

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember who was so brave LOL :o :o

Things aren't going so well here, more bad/not eating/throwing up days than not. Back to the vet today and judging from the daily log I've been keeping Danny was doing better when he was on meds three times a day, so we are going back to that. The extraordinary thing is that he isn't losing weight still weighing in at 5.4kgs. And no, there is never food left lying about that he can be sneaking LOL.

I've been reading through the suggetions again and am going to try what Rural Pug suggested a while ago about mixing some of his favourite food with hot water and pouring that over his prescribed food.

The only "favourite" is cat food, but that was making him sick, but maybe just a little bit mixed in water will do the trick.

I had to go back to syringing, but he just kept throwing up. A few nights ago, I had boiled up a chicken and while I stripped off the meat, I kept feeding him pieces and he ate more than I've seen him eat in one sessions for weeks. But since then, he won't touch it, even warmed up and hand fed. He kept it all down, so he can't have associated being sick with it.

I think he is having occasional incontinence as yesterday and today there was a wet spot on the couch where we'd been lying :(.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Not really, Coogie. I suggested that perhaps going back to meds 3 times a day and he agreed with that. So back to early mornings to fit everything in as one of the meds that he is to have 3 times needs to be clear of others by an hour each way. :(

I thought of you and Ronin this afternoon, Yonjuro. I passed a fast food shop and a husky was lying just inside the door while his owner broke up a couple of sausages - dog was beautifully behaved and waited until chap said he could eat.

Luckily, all Danny's meds are now in liquid form and syringed.

Whether it is going back to meds 3 times daily or what, I can't say, but the last couple of days have seen Danny eating quite well. I don't even try to feed him first thing in the morning because I think it takes a while for him to start feeling okay and wake up properly. The last few meals he has had, he has started of his own accord which is a big break through. That is, I haven't had to get him started by putting some food In his mouth first.

I also bought a few different sorts of cans from the vet and found that he really liked Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal. I found that he seemed to like to have it rolled up into little balls - goodness knows why that makes it more appealing; yukk I can still smell it on my hands :laugh: :laugh: small price to pay. I think I will do it with two small spoons in the future, though.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Doggy mum of the year definitely goes to you DDD!!

Happy to hear Danny is feeling a bit better :thumbsup:

LOL, lululove. Thanks. Not sure Danny feels that way as I give him his three lots of meds each three times a day.

I've just taken the following photographs and they are my usual shocking standard, but the moment has past so I can't retake them. Had to capture this because ...............

HAPPINESS IS AN EMPTY PLATE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-1031-0-79403500-1417427666_thumb.jpg

After scrutinising labels of commercial foods in Woolies the other day, decided to take a risk with Nature's Gift Gourmet. He loved it and so stocked up again today. He has eaten them without any prompting from me. Of course, tomorrow is another day, but today ..... well the plates have been licked clean each meal time.

Yay for today DDD and hopefully will continue tomorrow!!! :thumbsup:

Fantastic an empty plate that is really great and he looks so sweet, I hope his appetite continues :thumbsup:

Lovely to see that empty plate!

Aw, an empty plate!!

Good one, Danny Boy :thumbsup:

There have been a few more since :thumbsup: . I decided to give the big cans of Nature's Gift a try - two different flavours ..... would not touch it. So looks like it is the little cans. Sigh. Thanks Danny, I guess if I am not exactly frugal, I can't expect you to be LOL.