Perth People - Anybody Else Doing The Dutchfield Dog Survival?

hortfurball

Fantastic day today, other than getting wet. Apologise not to talk to anyone, but turns out there want much time between runs. Hubby played photographer today, so I'll put a link on Dutchfield's page on FB later when I've uploaded them all. Still driving home at the moment.

Dobiemum, is your boy chocolate and tan (or red and tan...not sure of the correct term)? I only saw the one male dobie and thought it couldn't be you because you would have mentioned if he wasn't the standard black and tan.

Nice to meet you Tibbie, Periwinkle and Tatertot even though it was only for a short while at the beginning.:)

How did you guys go BTW? We had a ball but didn't complete two obstacles. Ella fell off the log twice and the third time it was me so we were out for that one! On the last obstacle, she hopped up quite happily but when I shifted my weight and it moved she jumped ship and refused to get back on!

Next year it's your turn Rolfie :D

What a great day!

Dobiemum - yes that's us in the photos! Thank you for getting those :) And in the rain as well!

Hortfurball - great to meet you as well, even tho we had to dash off to start the race! We managed to get all 15 points, as predicted Chewbacca was like a cat and loved all the climbing. He tried to get back on the swinging bridge haha! Although by the time you guys would have gone on it, it would have been very slippery.

Also as predicted, I needed a hand getting over some of the obstacles, Dobiemums photos capture me getting stuck on the A frame haha!

No my boy was the Black and Tan, I wouldn't have had the red and tan one there, he was a bit too firey, for an event like that. If you look at the photos, I had the black Dobie in them (can you tell it's my Hubby taking them) out of 500 odd photos I think about 100 of them are of me and my friend Sara ????.

I went in the competition side with my Dobie, just to see how I went and out of 31 women, we got 26th, so I'm happy with that. A really great day and a hell of a lot of fun, I'll be back next year.

For any that want to see photos of the event that my Hubby took.

https://m.facebook.com/pauchel.dobermanns.3/albums/366723280144203/?ref=bookmark

Wow HazyWal, I never realized that was you. We were parked right next to you with the dobies. I shared your video on FB, cause it was a good thing to show my friends round Aus, what we did. Thankyou!!

No it's not me I live in Sydney.

Mouse has her own FB page that I follow :thumbsup:

Mouse wears her gopro at lure coursing as well, she is quite the videographer :)

And the sweetest lady with the softest fur!

She's quite the adventurer too I enjoy following her page.

Must be something about white greyhounds, my Maddie has fur like velvet.

I cannot believe that I missed this event :banghead: I would have loved to do the competition thing with my Aussie and I think the recreational would have been perfect for the less competitive family members (hubby plus Bernese Mountie). OK, hope I will make it then next year!!

Anyway where are those kind of events usually being published??? I seem to miss half the fun here in Perth...either I'm too late or I never hear about them.

Cheers

BK