Cat Included In House Sold

Lady Flying Furball

So am I reading this right? The parents sold the sons cat without his knowledge and he's not happy about it and on top of this they're only giving him 20,000 of the 140,00 that they actually got for said feline?

Top notch parenting......

Edited by Bjelkier

I can't quite decide how I feel. I'm pretty convinced my cats would much rather stay in this house and have different owners than be moved to a new house(but I'll still move them LOL). I suspect most cats aren't as attached to their owners as dogs often are so the cat probably will be quite happy to be able to stay where it has always lived. As for the money side of things it sounds like a mess, although if the son is about to head off on an extended trip overseas it doesn't sound like he'll be spending much time with the cat any way!

I heard on the interview the mum say they would take a cat "like Tiffany", not necessarily that exact cat. That was on The Project.

I'm SURE I heard that....but haven't seen anyone else refer to that statement. It was over the halfway mark of the interview.

I heard on the interview the mum say they would take a cat "like Tiffany", not necessarily that exact cat. That was on The Project.

I'm SURE I heard that....but haven't seen anyone else refer to that statement. It was over the halfway mark of the interview.

I saw that on the Project as well and yes they will probably get the kid another Rag doll that necessiarly their sons.

Poor cat. A lot of breeds of cats are very affectionate and bond very strongly to their 'people'. I often think our oriental and Siamese are more attached to me than any of the dogs.

“She loved all the attention — she does look a bit ornamental,” she said."

This quote in particular rubbed me the wrong way. A cat is a living creature, not an ornament.

Then again cats seem much more unpopular than dogs. I do wonder if it was a beloved family dog being sold with the house whether or not the response would be more outraged.

I hope they are just selling a cat that looks similar to Tiffany, but I can't imagine a reputable breeder or rescue would agree to handing over a cat in a situation like this?

My parents have mentioned more than once that they plan to sell their dog with the property when they move off their farm.

I can understand why they think it's a good idea, he's a Kelpie x and a good working dog and they think it will be unfair for him to move to the suburbs.

I've said that I would be more than happy to take him, he's a very chilled out dog, and most of the time only gets one big run a day. If push comes to shove I'll see if my parents would be happy to surrender him to a rescue as a working dog so they can find him the right home, he deserves more than to just be a freebie addition.

What a pack of arses. The son wasn't consulted, he is obviously not happy. I'll put $20,000 on the seat next to the cat and tell him to choose WTF?????? Really?????

A cat is not a piece of furniture! Yes cats get upset when they move, but I have had cats who love their people and even though moving was unsettling for them, they were happy with their person, getting in bed and snuggling up as always.

They are treating the cat as an inaminate object not a living creature. How do they know the new owners will even look after her properly?? Oh thats right, doesn't matter they have a sizable bank account. Totally disgusting!

Yes I saw this on the news last night and though what arsewipes.

The way the real estate agent talked about it made me sick although they're not known for their morals when it comes to the almighty dollar.

My dogs are priceless.

I saw this news yesterday, obviously the parents only care about the money and they will sell anything for a good price.

Although $160k (or $140k?) is not a small amount but I won't sell my dog because they worth more than what $$ can bring us.

So they are buying the house because their daughter loves the cat? How can she love it when it's not her's, and what happens when she decides she doesn't love it? They sound like they spoil her rotten. I can see the poor animal ending up in a shelter pretty quick when they actually get to know the cats personality and it's not what they have imagined it would be, especially with different people around it.

Guest Wildthing

I took on two felines when I was living in the UK way back in 1992. When I moved with the first one, she came with me. Wherever I was was home to her. The second one was aquired after a move and was my first domestication of a suburban wild. Both these girls moved with me in the UK and where ever I was was home to them. When I had to return to Australia, they came too. To me they were priceless and were something I had total and utter responsibility for for their entire lives.

To 'sell' a cat in a house sale just defies belief to me. It speaks heaps about the people who sold the cat and the people who bought the cat with the house.

There is no way on this earth I think the RSPCA or any rescue would/should sell any animal to the original owners parents under any circumstances as history tends to repeat itself.

I know what I would tell my parents if they put $20k next to the cat on a couch and it wouldn't be polite, believe me! The cat would come with me and I would make arrangements for its care whilst I was away (just like I have always done) Not sure I would be bothered with the parents after that.

When I move next year, EVERY cat I still have that has not found a home will move with me. They are my responsibility for LIFE, not the sale of a house.

:mad There's no words for people like that. And to have their greedy grins plastered up in the newspaper says it all. It's just sick.

I don't know what the new owners are like but hopefully she is better off with them. Having just lost my cat to lymphoma I cannot believe people wouldn't see that beautiful girl as irreplaceable.

So they are buying the house because their daughter loves the cat? How can she love it when it's not her's, and what happens when she decides she doesn't love it? They sound like they spoil her rotten. I can see the poor animal ending up in a shelter pretty quick when they actually get to know the cats personality and it's not what they have imagined it would be, especially with different people around it.

That's what I was thinking too, what kind of lesson is that for the daughter? Just ask and mummy and daddy will get you whatever you want with money, even if it belongs to someone else :mad

That's what I was thinking too, what kind of lesson is that for the daughter? Just ask and mummy and daddy will get you whatever you want with money, even if it belongs to someone else :mad

VerucaSalt.Impatience.jpg