New Food Release

Austerra

My thoughts are it is probably made in the same factory as Black Hawk. There is another factory too that makes similar food.

It isn't new or different.

Just the same as all these little companies producing holistic, Australian made food.

Pretty packaging though.

Annoying to see chicken fat included. Would get excited if someone produced a duck or similar novel meat product without chicken fat!

Looks pretty good to me... I like that it is grain free. My pups are fine with chicken so the chicken fat isn't a deal breaker for me. I raw feed but this looks like a good option if we need to leave dry food while we are on hoidays etc. The price looks ok? I can't remember what we were paying for premium dry food before :o

Chicken fat is a cheaper way to add fat to a dry food and it is still chicken, some dogs/cats can't eat chicken.

The food will be labelled as Duck and Lamb. Ohhh no chicken!! You don't realise there actually IS chicken in the food, feed to a chicken sensitive dog/cat and they end up with a sore tummy :( from the chicken fat.

Although protein level is higher than BH, I'm not really sold on the ingredients. There's a lot of filler stuff close to the top of the list and the third and fourth protein sources are behind two major fillers. It also seems to have a lot more leafy greens in it than BH and I'm not a fan of those sorts of things in dog food. Rabbits eat kale, greyhounds do not.

I only use kibble (TotW) in treat toys and as an emergency food anyway but I think I'd buy BH over this, if I couldn't get TotW. The BH also works out $5.97 cheaper per kilo, despite being comparable in terms of ingredients.