Council Officer Lets Dog Out Of Yard

HollyMilo

The link contains video footage from the home owner.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/council-apologises-dog-mistake/2421792/

BUNDABERG Regional Council has been forced to apologise after a video was posted on Facebook apparently showing council officers letting a dog out of its front yard and closing the gate on it.

The video provoked a storm of criticism on social media.

The officers were conducting a dog registration survey in the region.

But council health and regulatory services spokesman Wayne Honor said what the footage did not show was two members of the inspection team chasing the dog and returning it to its yard.

The council has apologised to the dog's owner for its escape.

Edited by HollyMilo

She stood there with the gate wide open and let it run through.. Anyone with half a brain knows you go straight through a gate and close the bloody thing. What morons and they are supposed to be rangers who have dog knowledge????????

Having said that, good reason for padlocks and not having dogs in front yards!

I would be beyond furious!!!

Edited by OSoSwift

The council is conducting a region wide check on dog registrations so I suspect they have employed extra staff with very little training who are obviously not dog savvy. You would think they'd at least cover the basics like don't let the bloody dog out. There is a huge local backlash at the council over this.

The council is conducting a region wide check on dog registrations so I suspect they have employed extra staff with very little training who are obviously not dog savvy. You would think they'd at least cover the basics like don't let the bloody dog out. There is a huge local backlash at the council over this.

So there should be!!! That woman is a total brainless moron and should not be doing the job if she has no idea! I would be sueing them for emotional distress! I wonder if they would have said anythign and got away with it, had the owner not had footage!

She stood there with the gate wide open and let it run through.. Anyone with half a brain knows you go straight through a gate and close the bloody thing. What morons and they are supposed to be rangers who have dog knowledge????????

Having said that, good reason for padlocks and not having dogs in front yards!

I would be beyond furious!!!

+1 thumbs up *like button*..... haha exactly what I came into say. Also another yay for CCTV, cuts down on denial.