Would Breeders/owners Be Interested In A Private Dog/cat Plane Charter

shmoo

Hello!

I'm putting out feelers to see if anybody is in need of a private plane to move dogs or cats around Australia. My husband is a pilot and would be flying, I would accompany the animal.

This is a service we've been considering offering, not as a job as such, but because I know how frightening animals can find travelling by air. I wanted to offer an option with the pets health in mind.

Prices to each airport will be calculated differently, however all flights will leave from Camden Airport in Sydney. If the animal needs to be picked up and dropped off from another location, that would incur further costs.

Example of costs:

Camden > Gold Coast: $3,952.00

Camden > Dubbo: $1,580.80

Camden > Cowra: $2,277.60

Camden > Adelaide: $6,292.00

My question is, would this be something breeders etc would be interested in?

I think it would be great, but I think the price would be prohibitive for most. How many dogs could you fit on the plane? And would you take passengers too?

Depending on the plane and size of the dogs, we could fit 2-3. Yes we could potentially take 1 -3 passengers.

The cost is a put off, I agree. This would be something rather exclusive!

I work for a transport company, and Sydney to Coolangatta will usually set you back about 10% of that including a crate.

Ouch!

Also I imagine it would be a fair bit louder than in the cargo hold of a commercial aircraft, which is soundproofed?

I can see the value in perhaps sick animals or emergency cases where you need to have them accompanied?