Wog Dog Disco Party

Kirislin

OMG! Cuteness overload!

Are these the 3 siblings? Looks like they are really thrilled at being together again... *grin*

T.

I dont think they're related, it might have even been the first time they met, but they sure had fun. IG's and Whippets get really happy when they see dogs that look like them.

Yes, same with tibbies. It's really delightful to see, isn't it!

The pic is gorgeous...I hear music when I look at it! Sooo disco

Vizslas are the same. Gravitate to each other.

:D

OMG! Cuteness overload!

Are these the 3 siblings? Looks like they are really thrilled at being together again... *grin*

T.

I dont think they're related, it might have even been the first time they met, but they sure had fun. IG's and Whippets get really happy when they see dogs that look like them.

Yes, same with tibbies. It's really delightful to see, isn't it!

The pic is gorgeous...I hear music when I look at it! Sooo disco

Vizslas are the same. Gravitate to each other.

:D

I've always said dogs are "racist", or should it be breedist. It seems it's natural to be attracted to and identify with your own kind

In the wild, sticking with your own is also necessary for survival... *grin*

My Lab, Trouble, will happily play with others because she's a tart of the enth degree - but she gets really excited if she comes across another Lab to play with.

Harper the Horse Puppy seems to prefer the teeny tinies to play with, but because she's huge, their owners aren't too sure about the idea. She is SO gentle with the littlies though! Her bestie when she was younger was all of 3kgs, and they could play for hours, then curl up together for a power nap, then play for ages more.

T.

That makes sense.

See I never get this :/ We're talking about domesticated dogs recognising their own kind.

I think it's instinctive, it's hard wired into them.

That makes sense.

See I never get this :/ We're talking about domesticated dogs recognising their own kind.

There's a lot of evolutionary processes that relate to survival still dominant in us humans. A huge amount of our social behaviour, for example, as the evolutionary psychologists tell us.

It'd be the same with dogs.

Domestication doesn't wipe out Nature ...

That makes sense.

There's a lot of evolutionary processes that relate to survival still dominant in us humans. A huge amount of our social behaviour, for example, as the evolutionary psychologists tell us.

It'd be the same with dogs.

Domestication doesn't wipe out Nature ...

Prey drive is a good example. Even though our dogs are fed on a regular basis, they still have prey drive. Some dogs more than others.

Even Stanley has prey drive, although the evil genius has used his prey drive to learn how to open cupboards and fridges. Why chase when it is already caught and stored. :rofl: