Booma Bozo And Hardy's Angel

Maddy

On Monday, 22nd of September, I said goodbye to two of the most important dogs in my life- Booma Bozo (24/3/2002) and Hardy's Angel (27/4/2003) - and even though it's already been a month since they went to sleep together, part of me still can't quite believe they're gone.

Kiff came to me from GAP Victoria and even though he was a grouchy old man from the beginning, I still don't think I've ever met a dog who lit up quite so much when a visitor arrived or who changed my life quite as much as The Snausage/Chief PeePaw of the Wetfoot Tribe.

Kiff's first week with us.. (someone doesn't like being woken up)

15402049180_900761a8e1_z.jpg

And a few pictures from his tenth year..

15402049240_22e1587bb0_c.jpg

15402049040_cf4e5ef724_c.jpg

Sally came to us a few months after Kiff, from a trainer on the north west coast. We were actually supposed to get Sally's sister but she died of cancer while on the waiting list and instead, her trainer opted to give us Sally. From the very beginning, it was obvious Sally was a little different- she had very high prey drive but was possibly the sneakiest dog I'd ever met. Considering that, I decided she wouldn't be safe to rehome and so she just sort of.. hung around. A few months of hanging around turned into a several months and a coat with her name on it, a name tag with our number on it and eventually, a council rego tag to make her sneaky entrance into our family official.

Sally when she first arrived..

15401050089_9cfb709494_c.jpg

We figured out pretty quickly that a warm Sally was a happy Sally

15402049320_77243f5858_c.jpg

The Sallyroo, a creature often found on the front lawn..

15402049400_7ba77f2a39_c.jpg

15402049390_eb9714b505_c.jpg

The pictures below are from Kiff and Sally's last Sunday with us. They were taken by friend and incredibly talented and patient photographer, Lani Smith from PawPrintStudio. She's probably getting a bit sick of hearing it but once again, I wanted to thank her for sharing that last day with us and helping to make it so fun for the hounds. It means the world to me to have those memories. :hug:

15588324042_e536ed0dbe_c.jpg

15401509577_5566117616_c.jpg

Oh Maddy :cry:

Lani's photos are just beautiful. What a lovely tribute to Sal and Kiff and although I know how much your heart still aches, your strength and courage to let them go together is something I'll never forget in my life. I'm so proud of you my dear friend, no one could've loved them more :hug:

:rainbowbridge: RIP Chief PeePaw and Sallyroo...zoomies in heaven :heart::heart:

• 2 weeks later...