Ivory Coat - Does Anyone Feed It?

Dave-o

If people were happy to pay me what it costs to feed ZiwiPeak in my Kennels I would happily buy it.

Thanks Dave-o but I am after a wholesaler not a stockist

God no, you'd be bankrupt in no time. Merely refering to the potato debate...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave-O has no formal qualifications to be doing reviews.

tehehehe it really doesn't take someone with a Uni Degree to be able to read the ingredients on the back of the packet. Education on the topic doesn't take very long, it's not rocket science...really.

Well teehee I do expect a uni degree from someone who wants to set up a pet food reviews website. Or they need to state on the website that it is just the opinion on a lay person.

It is totally different from us all giving our opinion on a food in here.

Then your expectation is unrealistic and I'm sorry to be rude but silly. One would be in class for 1 whole day to understand a label of a bag. Some people seek information and others seek to just bring people down, which are you?

Yep, I think that's the point. It doesn't take much to get a good understanding about the food you're feeding your dog, so if you care about your pets then why wouldn't you?

If any of my reviews raise awareness with pet owners then I get satisfaction for that, but there'll always be people willing to criticise just for the sake of it - sadly - although I'm always open to feedback, comments, and constructive criticism.

Well I am going to disagree... I think a dog food review site is a good starting place as it examines the ingredients ,volumes and protein/fat levels etc to give you an indication of whether it is worth trying. It helps you make a short list of what you would like to feed before going down the path of trialling numerous different foods. Of course the old adage of 'the best food is what your dog does best on' is important but trialling 4-6 weeks for each food is not ideal for health or budget. I see so many dogs every day walking or going to the off lead park, and I reckon one in ten is in what I would say is 'good condition'. So anything that gives some info is a good thing in my mind.

I can't see how a side by side comparison of various foods and their make-up can be a bad thing. It is also worth remembering that not all dog owners are as well versed in canine nutrition as DOLers and will rely primarily on the kid from one of the big retail chains for a food recommendation or the vet recommending their stocked/sponsored brand.

I wouldn't expect Dave-o to trial every food on his dog either, this would be grossly negligent on his behalf, I see him asking people here who are generally more dog savvy of their opinions as a positive thing. I am guessing that Dave-o would probably choose the best food for his dog based on the info he can gather.

Anyway, I don't really have a horse in this race as I feed raw, but I still have a keen interest in what is out there and canine nutrition in general, so I say good on him for doing these reviews :)

I agree. I think analysing ingredients is useful, and actually I think it's probably more useful than subjective reports from pet owners. If you try a food with your dog, and your dog doesn't do well on it, all it means is that your dog doesn't do well on it, it doesn't tell us anything about how other dogs might do on it. That's why nutritional analysis is useful :)

I have to say, all my dogs have done well on Canidae. I know some dogs don't, but I switched Ernie's a week ago and NO FARTS. Praises and thanks. Also his stools are compact, and his coat is already looking shinier.

The no farts was the selling point, as I just got rid of a husband that farted; not replacing him with another male that does the same thing. I want my bedroom smelling like ROSES.

This is gold!

I have to say, all my dogs have done well on Canidae. I know some dogs don't, but I switched Ernie's a week ago and NO FARTS. Praises and thanks. Also his stools are compact, and his coat is already looking shinier.

The no farts was the selling point, as I just got rid of a husband that farted; not replacing him with another male that does the same thing. I want my bedroom smelling like ROSES.

This is gold!

Pure gold.

:thumbsup:

This is gold!

Pure gold.

:thumbsup:

:rofl: Classic post :thumbsup:

You also need to consider long-term health. A dog may seemingly do well on any food and appear healthy in the short term, but it can take a number of years to see the real consequences. Even people who feed a home-cooked or raw diet can have trouble if they're not feeding the correct balance and nutrients.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep Dave-o I wasn't replying directly to you then :)

Thank you will check out Allpet, I have got stuff from them before, they are often on the expensive side though :)

OsoSwift, chat with Allpet as we have 20kg Breeder Packs coming out in a couple of weeks! They will be under $100 for the industry...

Yep Dave-o I wasn't replying directly to you then :)

Thank you will check out Allpet, I have got stuff from them before, they are often on the expensive side though :)

OsoSwift, chat with Allpet as we have 20kg Breeder Packs coming out in a couple of weeks! They will be under $100 for the industry...

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a bag today after Dozer started madly shedding and itching on BH.

Not so excited about the price, although I'm pretty sure the 8kg bag should last a month or so; works out to about $3/day which I guess isn't terrible when you break it down...

Was very happy to walk into Best Friends and the OH pointed out the Ivory Coat sign and asked if that was the one I'd been taking about in my crazy dog lady rants.

Was very happy to walk into Best Friends and the OH pointed out the Ivory Coat sign and asked if that was the one I'd been taking about in my crazy dog lady rants.

crazy dog lady rant... :rofl: Cool that he is actually listening to the rants!

Jules, I think he only hears every 4th word or so before he tunes back out again...

Must say I love the size and appearance of the kibble, for some reason it reminds me of the milo cereal...

Dozer seems to love it as well, I don't think I've seen him demolish his kibble like that in quite some time! He usually stops to chew at least some of it...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update on how we're going with Ivory Coat.

Dozer's coat is now starting to get lovely and soft and a couple of weeks on it, so far I'm happy to report that he's not gassy; which is the sole reason we stopped feeding canidae...

He loves it, I love it. Hoping that 20kg bulk packs come out soon.