Ivory Coat - Does Anyone Feed It?

Dave-o

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think by this logic if we soaked raw steak and vegetables for 3 minutes and if they didn't dissolve or soften, we shouldn't feed them?

If we were to look at the the best food made by Wellness being Wellness CORE, the first 2 ingredients behind the meat proteins are... Peas, Potatoes.. same as Ivory Coat, and the first ingredient after the meat protein in the Holistic Select food is Potatoe. Even Canidae use potatoes.

So if the good manufacturers are using Potatoes, and Potatoes are a good source of complex carbohydrates, and have vitamins and minerals, unlike most grains and are actually also considered an easily digestible food.

Why are we so against the poor potatoe?

I think by this logic if we soaked raw steak and vegetables for 3 minutes and if they didn't dissolve or soften, we shouldn't feed them?

If we were to look at the the best food made by Wellness being Wellness CORE, the first 2 ingredients behind the meat proteins are... Peas, Potatoes.. same as Ivory Coat, and the first ingredient after the meat protein in the Holistic Select food is Potatoe. Even Canidae use potatoes.

So if the good manufacturers are using Potatoes, and Potatoes are a good source of complex carbohydrates, and have vitamins and minerals, unlike most grains and are actually also considered an easily digestible food.

A raw steak is completey different to over process kibble...You're all missing the point, why feed ur dog a kibble that is soo hard to digest, why not find a kibble that uses Sweet Potatoes & pumkin instead... all the real good dog foods are either from New Zealand (Dehydrated, freeze dried or oven baked) or America...we don't even have a dehydrated dog food thats made here in Australia or oven baked dog food just kibbles...

My rescue boy has stomach problems, I soak a new kibble to see if they are easily digested like it states on some kibbles bag, if you all love feeding ur dog starchy carbs, why not boil potatoes & give them nice cooked potatoes instead of a kibble full of hard potatoes...

HOLISTIC SELECT does not use POTATOES have a look..

CANIDAE does not have potatoes as there 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ingredient, Canidae has proteins in its 1,2,3,ingredients in their new GRAIN FREE kibbles, potatoes are the 6th ingredient have a look.

WELLNESS CORE you state is the best food out of all their range, I would disagree with you on that, Wellness Core is a hard kibble & is not easily digested, Wellness have more digestable kibbles in their range like their "Small Breed" & "Simple" range that are more digestable...

I dont HATE Potates, for the last time, my boy has skin allergies, Potatoes give him a bad rash all over his chest then he has bad DIARRHEA form Potatoes....so why would I feed my dog a kibble that has potatoes..

If Ivory Coat wanted to make their kibble beter they should used SWEET POTATOES instead of POTATOES & not put their peas as 3 & 4th ingredients... but Sweet Potatoes are dearer & why would a dog food company want to spend more money, so they use a cheaper filler like Potatoes, it keeps the price down so people will buy it...... I'M DONE

My rescue boy has stomach problems,

Sueang , did you see where I wondered why you do not give your boy home -cooked meals , so you can tailor them to suit ? I used to do this with my dog who had allergies to all sorts of things - I would cook meat & veggies for him ...and he had bones , etc as well.

I have to say, all my dogs have done well on Canidae. I know some dogs don't, but I switched Ernie's a week ago and NO FARTS. Praises and thanks. Also his stools are compact, and his coat is already looking shinier.

The no farts was the selling point, as I just got rid of a husband that farted; not replacing him with another male that does the same thing. I want my bedroom smelling like ROSES.

Edited by Stressmagnet

I have to say, all my dogs have done well on Canidae. I know some dogs don't, but I switched Ernie's a week ago and NO FARTS. Praises and thanks. Also his stools are compact, and his coat is already looking shinier.

The no farts was the selling point, as I just got rid of a husband that farted; not replacing him with another male that does the same thing. I want my bedroom smelling like ROSES.

:rofl: perhaps they can use that in an ad?

Lots of stockists in WA - http://ivorycoat.com.au/food-stockists/

Let that be a lesson to us males :dropjaw:

As for the potato debate... take ZiwiPeak for example, it's 90%+ meat with a whopping price tag to match. That's fine if you have a small dog, but can get very expensive with a larger dog or more than one dog. People simply can't afford it. Potato isn't a bad ingredient and there's certainly a lot worse. Obviously it doesn't sit well for every dog, but a pet food manufacturer can't cater for all.

Edited by Dave-o

I am not a fan of foods with potato over sweet potato. The manufacturing processes used cannot counter the solanin that you get in green potatoes - and this is something that is toxic to dogs.

Is this the same as the manufacturing process that makes...eg potato chips both frozen or snack chips what we humans eat :confused:

I just found Ivory Coat foods Reduced Fat Grainfree natural, I was so happy until I read the ingredients POTATOS, Peas & Pea fiber, I'd rather a grain kibble with rice, oats, quinoa any kibbles with Potatoes are sooooooooooo hard even hard to digest..... I always do my kibble test when I get either a sample or buy a new kibble, I put a couple of kibbles in water, a good kibble floats to the top of the water, (Meals for Mutts kibbles sank No good) after 60 sec soaking I put 1 kibble inbetween 2 teaspoons & lightly crush, a good kibble like "Wellness Simple Lamb & Oatmeal" crushes nicely (ashame about the peas) a kibble with potatos flings off the spoon, it soooo hard, we need a new kibble in Australia, with Limited ingredients, easily digestable low in fat, no potatoes & no peas like in America there's certain kibbles like orijen that are potaoes free kibbles, they have pumkin, apples etc...whats with the potatoes they must be cheap.... peas they take out the corn & put in peas to up the protein % Peas give some dogs real bad wind.....If just ashame we dont have more variety kibbles here in Australia, if your dog has health problems (pancreatitis, IBD, Skin problems) they have to go on the vet diets that have awful ingredients & are 59% carbs.... also potatoes are a high carb, no good for skin problem dogs.....

The manufacturing processes used cannot counter the solanin that you get in green potatoes - and this is something that is toxic to dogs.

It's also toxic to humans, but you don't offer hear of anyone suffering ill effects from eating potato? Have you heard of any incident with a dog suffering ill effects from solanin?

Not forgetting the kibble is cooked, and you're assuming a significant amount of green potatoes are in a food.