Thinking Of Getting A Dremel?

Rebanne

I have just started using a Dremel on my guys. They are great & I can do a far smoother & closer to the quik job. Dogs don't seem to mind it at all either.

Would love a cordless one but OH has the corded version so I cant really justify buying another one. Highly recommend them though :)

I use a stylus dremel in the salon, with the stone attachment. I just about always cut first and just buff off sharp edges with the dremel. I rarely use it to grind down the nail. However at home you'd be able to use it weekly whereas most of the dogs I see are 4 to 12 weekly or more.

One of my dogs hated having her nails clipped and adjusted to the dremel really well and now is very good if I do clip her nails.

Another of mine was totally fine with having his nails done but after introducing the dremel he now doesn't like either (not a big deal, he just squirms).

Interesting how every dog reacts differently.

thanks Gruflife, I always wondered whether to use stone or sandpaper :thumbsup:

I use the sand paper drum over the stone it seems to be quicker on my dogs nails, try both and see which works best for you.

Yeah the sand paper works well but in a commercial setting doing several a day of all different temperaments and behaviours, and often with overgrown nails, it's usually best to cut then buff the edges. The stone does this great and last much better than the paper would. If you are just doing a couple of well maintained dogs at home the paper would be fine. But like rainy says, experiment what works best for you and your dogs.

Just bought one from Masters @ $87.30 with the promo code Mercedes posted (thank you Mercedes)

I wanted to look at the product and get the feel of it before I bought so went to Masters and did that. It seems very light and comfortable. Looking forward to trying it out.

My new puppy arrives on Saturday so she might be introduced to the Dremel before too long.

Hehe, you're welcome! Love a bargain. Can't wait to see puppy pics Airedaler! Are you getting another Airedale?

Yes another Airedale. It is the first puppy I've had in 9 years and the first 8 week old I've had that I've not bred for over 20 years. Could be interesting.