Do You Love One Breed But Not Love A Similar Breed?

Simply Grand

Don't like the look of the hairless chinese crested with all that skin exposed & some tufts but I do like them when they have a full coat they look so nice with hair.

Having said that there are probably some other dogs too as a group that are so variable example basset hound & afghan hound so I assume the question means similar in looks not in breed group ?

I could love any dog really if it landed on me by some circumstance rather than choice regardless of looks & temperament as long as it wasn't killer psycho dog :laugh:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are similar but as my dog is often mistaken for one - I love both GSD and Malinois, but would never own a GSD, they don't suit me as well as Mals :)

I have a GSD, but I think I would get a Mal over another GSD. A working line Groen could tempt me maybe (I have heard there are some coming into Australia!), if I could do the hair lol - I do like a black dog :D

And I am not a huge fan of heavily coated dogs! LOL

I visited my mum the other week and it was lovely to see our Sibe, Micha, but it just reminded me how much I love my short coated dogs!

Edited by huski

What's a Rottweiler equivalent?

There is none. Rottweilers are a class of their own. :D

:rofl:

I love Rottweilers but don't like Dobes. They are not as versatile or robust. And are more aloof.

Same, Dobermans just don't seem like my type of dog

I don't think they are similar but as my dog is often mistaken for one - I love both GSD and Malinois, but would never own a GSD, they don't suit me as well as Mals :)

I have a GSD, but I think I would get a Mal over another GSD. A working line Groen could tempt me maybe (I have heard there are some coming into Australia!), if I could do the hair lol - I do like a black dog :D

And I am not a huge fan of heavily coated dogs! LOL

I visited my mum the other week and it was lovely to see our Sibe, Micha, but it just reminded me how much I love my short coated dogs!

Yeah I love the short coats of the Kelpies, and definitely one place among others where the Malinois wins over GSD (OMG Diesel - the hair!!!) and the other Belgian varieties! :D

But I do like black :laugh:

So many quirky likes/dislikes here; I love it!'

I love the Norwich Terrier but would never want a Norfolk Terrier.

Prefer a BS Terv over GSD.

Would LOVE a Parson Russell not Jack Russell.

Hope to own a Foxhound one day but not a Beagle again.

And I want a Saluki just because!! :D

Love my Basset Fauve De Bretagne and Grand Basset Griffin Vindeen but have NO interest in owning a Pettit Basset Griffin Vindeen... lol

There are loads of breeds I don't like and have no interest in owning but they're all quite different to my dogs so not much point comparing.

What's a Rottweiler equivalent?

There is none. Rottweilers are a class of their own. :D

:rofl:

I love Rottweilers but don't like Dobes. They are not as versatile or robust. And are more aloof.

Same, Dobermans just don't seem like my type of dog

I'm the opposite. I love Dobes but have never liked Rotties. I'm not sure why and I can appreciate a nice looking Rotty but I've never wanted to own one nor met one I've really liked.

I love my vizslas and GSP but would never own a Weimaraner. I'm sure you'd get plenty of owners of any of these three breeds saying the same about one or both of the others :) i also have no interest in wirehaired vizslas but do like German wirehaires! I consider the Pointer (English) quite different to me own breeds, probably because their purpose as a gundog is different, so their nature is quite different.

I love the look of fluffy dogs but the fur scares me. :scared:

I think we are definitely a Dalmatian family.

Love the looks and personality. Love how individual they all are but still have that stubborn streak that tells you to get stuffed whilst they bugger off during obedience class because they just couldn't be bothered and saw something more interesting across the other side of the field. . :p