Puppy Sleeps A Lot?

Aloadofbull

Hi my frenchie will be 13 weeks next week and still sleeps a lot. In the mornings i have to encourage him to get out of bed then he has a little play and then eats and goes straight back to sleep. I am just wondering if this is the norm and if anyone who has a frenchie that is the same age, could you please give me a rundown of your pups daily routine? Many thanks.

totally normal: i have a 12 week lab girl here atm and it's a daily routine of eat; poop; play; sleep all day long laugh.gif i slip training in during the 'eat' session and the 'play' session and also when coming in and out of crate/ex-pens etc

Edited by suziwong66

Baby puppies are asleep the large majority of the day. Sleep, wee, play, wee, eat, wee, sleep, wee, poop, sleep, pee, play, more pee, sleep, pee, rinse and repeat.

My 18month old still has his morning nap only about an hour and a half after he wakes up in the morning laugh.gif

LOL VizslaMomma - so true. Going a bit Off Topic, sorry, ALoadofBull, but my first puppies were two little Maltese in August 1993. I used to work long hours then and although I took time off when they first came home, I absolutely hated going to work and leaving them. They were so tiny. However, I hired a Dog Walker to come over a few times a week just to spend some time with them, keep them company and just play or let them sleep in her lap while she had her lunch. I still have all the little notes she'd leave for me to tell me what they got up to.

Perfectly normal. I have a four year old next to me right now having her usual nap and that is what she does most of the time unless I move and she is up and away.

On the other hand her daughter is a tear away for about 15 minutes then all of a sudden she is sound asleep on her bed and will sleep for many hours, she is 11 months, in all the years I have had Frenchies, that is many many years, this is what they do, eat, sleep, play, cuddle then the toilet routine and back to sleep, with a litter they would sleep most probably 23 hours a day only waking up for their feed and Mum to clean them up after, most of the time they fall asleep on the teat. :)