Happy Update!

miss2

Hi Everyone.

A while ago I was having super issues with my new puppy not bonding and being frightened of us. Im happy to say she has come forward in leaps and bounds!!

It has taken A LOT of hard work but so worth it in the end to have a happy little pup who genuinely loves us! Not only does she not run away from us anymore but she loves to be around us and is a happy member of our little family.

She is looking to me for all aspects of her training and is very eager to please. She has mastered sit, drop, stay, roll over and we are currently learning crawl

Just thought I would post some pics because she is ridiculously cute :)

post-41414-0-64312600-1414967726_thumb.jpg

post-41414-0-74446700-1414967741_thumb.jpg

post-41414-0-51190500-1414967754_thumb.jpg

Thanks all, I was very worried for a while so this is a huge relief!!

I did a nothing is free method. I put her daily amount of food into little bags and my husband and I both carried a bag with us at all times, every time she so much as looked at us or came near us of her own free will she got something to eat. It didn’t take long for her to start hanging around like a bad smell lol.

we kept this up for a while and then started asking her little simple things like come and sit which she happily obliged. She obviously started trusting us and being happier because her whole personality changed. I would get home and she would race up to see me. Yes to begin with it was obviously about the food but as time went on she became genuinely happy to see us and was over the moon for a cuddle and some love.

I also used our other dog a lot, She was watching him for clues and every time he came near us we made a huge fuss of him and he would give us kisses so slowly slowly she started to want this to. I was lying on the ground cuddling spud one night and she crept up, gave me a lick on the cheek and then darted away lol.

What a wonderful update :thumbsup: so very pleased for you. You put in the hard yards & it's paid off. Well done.

Some puppies are just a bit quirky & different. They require us to have a rethink how we handle them.

And your so right ... what a little cutie he is. Loved the pic's. Thanks for sharing :)