Which Breed?

Blackdogs

A Whippet!

Because they should be able to help you hunt, but they are also small enough that finding enough food for them should be possible and they would be good to snuggle with on cold nights, but should also cope reasonably well with the heat (maybe? I'm not actually 100% sure about that one).

My dallies are pretty good at hunting little things (looking at you Cleo) and then looking very guilty and letting me take the "prize" away.

Also pretty good at warning any potential scary things away.

Got great stamina too, so if physical exertion was required, I could rely on their energy!

My dallies are pretty good at hunting little things (looking at you Cleo) and then looking very guilty and letting me take the "prize" away.

Also pretty good at warning any potential scary things away.

Got great stamina too, so if physical exertion was required, I could rely on their energy!

Yes but if Zig caught something tasty he would do zoomies and cracker dog until it was torn into a thousand pieces :laugh: And he'd complain about the heat. And the cold. And the abscence of thick, soft bedding heh heh.

At least Em would deliver to hand anything she caught and sleep on a bed of nails if necessary :D

I'm going to go with this guy, he's not the best example of the breed he most closely resembles so I haven't chosen an actual breed.

He's bigger than an average cocker so great for cuddles to keep warm at night.

His long fur will stay wet for longer to keep him cool during the hot days and providing you have a knife you can trim it regularly for more bedding.

He has a great nose for food and wants to be with you all the time so is less likely to leave you to fend for yourself

DSC06758_zps9092e0d0.jpg

I'd have to go with a GSD i think.

They're super cuddly, loyal and protective. And size wise ideal I think.

We had one who would catch birds growing up, so i am sure they could all do it.

But best of all their eyes are so expressive and intelligent seeming i wont go crazy from the isolation, because its pretty much like talking to a human anyway :D

fix spelling :o

Edited by denali

I would take my Brittany. She is an awesome hunting dog, yet small enough she wouldn't need too much to eat. She is fast and agile. She is also warm and snuggly so I would not get lonely and she is very suspicious so would let me know if there were any strangers or anything like that.

I would actually prefer the company of my border collies but they would pretty much just expect me to take charge and look after them. Scout would be useful :)

My ninja dog:

post-8662-0-48181500-1415157073_thumb.jpg